Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 7 months ago #2224 by cemwerewolf
As was discovered in another thread by anyone who stumbled across my rambling, I am in posession of a thumb that is rather more black than green. So I got to thinking, does anyone's dark tendencies slip out into their garden's? Is your yard full of gothic statuary and night blooming jasmine? Do you have any suggestions for the horticulturally impaired like myself? I'm all ears.

(Well, I suppose all eyes would be more appropriate since I'd be reading the responses . . .)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2260 by CorpseQueen
Atm I only got two cactus-like plants, as I'm not very good at taking care of them. Had a very beautiful white flower, but as I forgot to water it one week, it died... Did the opposite with a rose, little pink with dark edges. Put it outside for some sun, and forgot it untill the day after, and during the night the heavens had opened up and poured water over my little flower... replanted it, but it out again and - repeat! Eventually the flower died, it dried even tho I tried to take care of it, but I saved the flower only, because the brown flower with dark edges was pretty beautifull anyway :blush:

Myself, I'm a fan of orchids. Not sure why, but they're beautifull and mostly live forever. Got a few here (not my responsablility, happily, I've already killed one) and they all tend to bloom during the winter. Well, if winter is oktober to mars... and then they only got leaves for some months, untill once again blooming for half a year. They're charming :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2269 by vampirelycanthrope13
I envy those who are good at gardening. I had venus fly traps once, which seemed like a fun idea, until i rediscovered them later dried up and dead after forgetting about them for a while, being too busy to water them at the time, and somehow forgetting their existence completely :(

More
14 years 7 months ago #2286 by knumpcy
Well I would tend a garden but the Landlord(Brother) is anal about what goes in the yard, so I degress:P

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #2290 by cemwerewolf
Well, at least I know I'm not the only hopeless gardener. :blush:

More
14 years 7 months ago #2303 by janelle hell
I used to have quite a garden when I lived in San Diego (and worked at a plant nursery, so I could special-order things I wanted & then get them at cost!). I had several rosebushes of dark red, almost black roses called \"Ink Spots\" roses:

I'd dry the roses after they began to fade on the rosebushes and they actually would turn black!

And then there were the black pansies:

: D

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds