Show Navigation Menu

Do you leave your home?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20477 by Daruma
Many Goths are brought out almost never home because they do not like seeing other people.

And you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20485 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Do you leave your home?
I like to see people, but they often disappoint me with their attitude towards me. I often feel disturbed. So it annoys me because I feel watched and criticized. So I prefer going to places I know and where we do not judge me.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20488 by SkieShauphen
I believe this is true but not so much in the sense that they do not want to see people, but certain people. I enjoy being out with people that enjoy my company for who I am. My family does not care for me in this way. They have a more conservative outlook on life and thus think I should as well. This I do not like so I prefer to stay away from home for a few days on end simply because I cannot stand to be in the presence of people like that.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20500 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Do you leave your home?
Hmm..I don't generally leave for long. I used to live with my ex in his flat (back when we were still together)..But it wasn't due to hating my family, it was just to get away from the life I have here. My home just makes me feel stressed - It reminds me of exams and pressure etc. My family did give me a lot of grief for leaving though - I was actually spending more time living with my ex than I was living with them when I think about it.

I came back home eventually anyway. I usually won't go out unless I have someone else with me or if I know I'm meeting up with people. Half-agoraphobic you could say..Sort of. I just dislike being on my own and outside.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20503 by scootiebee
I love to go out. I like being at home, it is really my favorite place, but I really do love to go out and meet people. I don't care who they are, really, I just like to remind myself how many nice people there are in the world. I get a lot of negativity as well, but I tend to inspire more smiles than sneers. Maybe because I am more a victorian goth, with a touch of steampunk, rather than the black with death and grimness type of goth.

I get more comments along the lines of \"Are you in a play?\" and \"Are you in a dance contest?\" than \"Did someone die?\", so most people go away smiling, or thinking I am nuts when I respond that I am just dressed up for daytime/errands/normal life. Who wears bustle skirts and feathered hats as normal daily wear? Me! Most people have positive things to say. The folks at Home Depot think I am awesome, shopping for lumber in a floor length dress, gloves, and parasol. The people at Target know me, greet me with smiles, and comment on my clothing every time I go in. The ladies who work at the grocery store always have a friendly word for me. I really do enjoy going out.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20516 by cemwerewolf
scootiebee wrote:

Who wears bustle skirts and feathered hats as normal daily wear? Me! Most people have positive things to say. The folks at Home Depot think I am awesome, shopping for lumber in a floor length dress, gloves, and parasol. The people at Target know me, greet me with smiles, and comment on my clothing every time I go in. The ladies who work at the grocery store always have a friendly word for me. I really do enjoy going out.

Me too! I do often enjoy the reactions I get. But, on the flip side, I'm the kind of person who gets easily overwhelmed by stressful situations and I find these situations tend to pop up when I'm dealing with members of the general populace. So, if I've had a couple of difficult encounters I'll often just prefer to hole up in my house for a couple of days until I feel ready to deal with the world again.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds