Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 11 months ago #20382 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:If you had to...
I would choose hearing. I can live without hearing. The world is relatively used to dealing with the deaf, and I would go insane if I were not able to drive anymore, so I must be able to see. I just don't want to have to rely on anyone else. And I don't enjoy food poisoning, so I will keep my sense of taste sense and smell. And touch, I like to know when my hand is burning, or freezing, before it damages me. I think hearing would be the easiest sense to lose for me. I would miss music, but I have known deaf people who can still feel the rhythm of music and still even perform music or dance. Not a problem.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20384 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:If you had to...
hmmmm.....

tough one.

well, i still haven't regained my full sense of touch,
so I'll go with that one;
better than losing something else...unless I'm allowed to lose the sensation of pain; if that's the case , sign me up

More
13 years 11 months ago #20392 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:If you had to...
scootiebee wrote:

I would choose hearing. I can live without hearing. The world is relatively used to dealing with the deaf, and I would go insane if I were not able to drive anymore, so I must be able to see. I just don't want to have to rely on anyone else. And I don't enjoy food poisoning, so I will keep my sense of taste sense and smell. And touch, I like to know when my hand is burning, or freezing, before it damages me. I think hearing would be the easiest sense to lose for me. I would miss music, but I have known deaf people who can still feel the rhythm of music and still even perform music or dance. Not a problem.

I will agree with you. I would also choose hearing. I would miss the music dreadfully, but I think that if I could no longer see I would go insane within a few weeks. Losing my sight or the capability to walk and run is equally distressful to me.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20403 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:If you had to...
None, because they are all equally important to me.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20413 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:If you had to...
scootiebee wrote:

I would miss music, but I have known deaf people who can still feel the rhythm of music and still even perform music or dance. Not a problem.

Very good point - I know a deaf dancer and she feels the beat of the music through her feet. I think Beethoven continued to compose music whilst deaf too..Although I can't recall the success of it.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20460 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:If you had to...
Hmm - Some new questions for you all.

1. If you had to choose one thing that repulsed you the most, what would it be? (Not really curious about 'why', as most things like this aren't really explainable'.

2. Say there was a 'God' or almighty being. If you had to choose one question to ask them, knowing that they would give you an honest answer, what would it be and what do you reckon the response would be?

3. If you had to choose one item that you'd be allowed lifetime/unlimited amounts of, what would it be and why?

:laugh: My mind is pretty active today. Those all came to mind whilst eating.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds