Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30264 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: If you had to...
:P I find it strange how everyone chooses to bring *so much* of civilisation with them. I would probably bring a few items..Possibly music, books, but definately the instruments I can play..And possibly a parasol if it's a sunny place.

I'd want to see what things are like without 'civilisation' all around me. Don't you ever get curious about what things would be like if there was no school, no work..None of that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30284 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: If you had to...
I need to ask, what exactly would count as items needed for basic survival?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30295 by Envy
Kuroboshi wrote:

I need to ask, what exactly would count as items needed for basic survival?

Uhh.

Water. Shelter. Food. Stuff to keep warm. Clothes. Knives, ropes...Endless amounts of lights/matches..Spears...Javelins.. :woohoo: Things of that nature. :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #30298 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: If you had to...
Okay, so you've no real idea. :P

Basics for survival would be a basic water filtration system, an axe, a machete, some clothing, a little rope and something to sharpen the blades on.

That essentially gives you the tools to survive and create a makeshift shelter. The blades allows you to create spears and you'll generally learn how to create a spark to start a fire.

The 7 items I'd take?

1) A fishing rod, makes getting food a lot easier.
2) An lifetime supply of something to clean my glasses with (even if the prescription becomes outdated, it's better than no glasses.

Well, actually, I've no real ideas beyond that, since I'd need to know the layout of the land and such before I'm stranded there. If it's just randomly being stranded then you're not going to have the tools you need.

Plus with the basic tools I could likely create a makeshift raft or something to try escape on, granted it may be difficult but it's better than being stuck on an island waiting for death.

Or I could always prepare a fire big enough to get noticed.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30304 by Envy
:P I would've presumed fishing rods came under basic survival as they help catch food.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30313 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re: If you had to...
Does sence of being way too serious about things count? I pretty much relie on my sight and sence of smell and touch, hearing i'm not so bothered about and sence of taste. Sence of taste because it seems to be the one thing that humans don't have a clear memory of...unless its painful or pretty foul tasting

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds