Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 11 months ago #20342 by Envy
If you had to... was created by Envy
I'm a curious person..And I get urges to ask questions at times for no other reason than to satiate my curiosity. I figured to keep this thread going, others could also ask questions that they are curious about, beginning with 'If you had to'.

Today I feel compelled to ask:

If you had to...lose one of your senses, which one would it be and what's your reasoning behind your choice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20344 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:If you had to...
I guess that would be sight. I know it's surprising, but I would be able to develop other senses. Besides, I'm working with blind people so it could help in a way to understand them better.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20349 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:If you had to...
I'd choose sight. With my poor eyesight, I know it's not so important to see things, but I couldn't imagine a world where I couldn't hear birds sing, smell rosses, taste delicious food or not feel a kiss on my lips...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20360 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:If you had to...
Wow! That's a tough question. I've tried to choose one, but each time I think of a reason, I think of a couple more reasons not to choose that one...

What would be your choice, Envy?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20366 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:If you had to...
I'd choose sight as well. As a cook taste and smell are a must. I'm very much about tactile sensation - enjoying the feel of different textures - so I don't think I'd enjoy losing my sense of touch. And then there is hearing and I do so enjoy closing my eyes and listening to the world around me . . .

More
13 years 11 months ago #20367 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:If you had to...
Morgana wrote:

Wow! That's a tough question. I've tried to choose one, but each time I think of a reason, I think of a couple more reasons not to choose that one...

What would be your choice, Envy?

I have to say I'm very surprised by what people have chosen! I would choose to lose the sense of taste or smell. I figured if you lost your sense of smell, you probably wouldn't be able to taste much anyway so they kind of go hand-in-hand together.

My reasoning would be that..I don't enjoy eating food anyway, so it wouldn't bother me to lose my sense of taste. Less incentive to stuff myself silly through stress etc. I'd still be able to feel textures of food at least. I dislike smells in general as well, as my nose is very sensitive, so I feel I could live without my sense of smell.

I would probably overall choose to lose my sense of taste.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds