Love advice; Do you believe in love at first sight

More
14 years 1 week ago #20223 by SkieShauphen
Hello, my name is ____, nice to meet you
Eh' toots, nice; legs, ass, breasts, hair, eyes, lips
*smile and stare her in the eyes*
Don't talk to her. She's too good for you
Would you like to go out on a date?

These are a few things that come to mind when I think of meeting her and conversing. A woman, at the ripe age of 22 works in my local tobacco shop. I know nothing about her other than she is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in person. Her hair is perfect, silky and black. Her voice is like cool rain on a hot summer day. And those eyes....they draw me in every time I see them...they are unexplainable. You'd have to see them to understand...
The problem is...what do you do to get a woman like that to pay attention to you? What do you say to her? I saw her today...and she saw me. Though it was only a quick glance because she had a customer at the drive through window. Whatever I do now it won't matter because in two days I'm leaving on vacation for a month. I'll be back at the beginning of June. How can I tell if she is taken? How can I tell if she will even like me? How can I tell if she is repulsed by me or not? I don't know. Her presence made my skin tingle today...I couldn't even find my tongue when purchasing a lighter and some smokes from another employee. What if she hates smokers or maybe just smoke? Should I quit? What do I DO?!
I need love advice?
:unsure: :kiss: :unsure: :S

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20233 by Envy
Personally, I dismiss 'love at first sight' because it's so aesthetically based. I just view things like that as 'infatuations' and not actual love, however, if you're interested, I'll try and give some guidance.

Erm..

\"what do you do to get a woman like that to pay attention to you? What do you say to her?\"

Well, start by just saying hi! :P There are always easy lines to pick when trying to start up a conversation. Compliment her on something, \"Hey, I like your ______, where did you get it from?\" ask her about tobacco maybe, seeing as she works there..Maybe ask if she smokes herself, which would give you the answer to \"What if she hates smokers or maybe just smoke?\".

If she works in a shop, then starting up conversation should be easy. Just use a typical 'customer needs help' themed conversation if you're totally stuck, \"Hey, could you help me find...?\" \"Got anything you could recommend for a guy who likes ____?\" etc. etc.

If you're leaving on vacation, it doesn't mean you can't make the initial step and start talking.

\"How can I tell if she is taken? How can I tell if she will even like me? How can I tell if she is repulsed by me or not?\"

You should probably aim to talk to her first. :P Establish a means of communication (phone number, email, something like that) before you start to get personal and ask questions like whether she is taken? As for whether she likes you/will like you, you can usually tell after a few conversations with a person whether they're 'partner material' or not.

Well..That's all I can think of so far.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #20238 by scootiebee
Don't be all worked up, either. Relax. Ask her name, and then ask a question about something in the shop, and then thank her for being so helpful. If she isn't helpful, then you know she isn't right for you. Unhelpful people are icky.

Also, smile at her, and then maybe drop something in about how you are going to be away for so long, and how you are going to miss ______ whatever it is about your town you will miss. Maybe she likes the same restaurant/park/club you like, and this will open a conversation as well. She also might be intrigued enough to ask about your trip and when you will be back. That's a good sign, you will know that she wouldn't mind seeing you again.

Good luck, be yourself, relax, and just talk to her like you talk to us! Well, not with typing, but relaxed and pleasantly.

And I don't believe in love at first sight. That's all chemicals and hormones. Beyond that is what will make or break a love at first sight relationship. Minds are were a longer-term relationship is built.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by scootiebee.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20246 by Kelaiah_
I don't believe in love at first sight, but I believe in strong attraction at first sight, which is a good thing. So if you're feeling it, go and do something, start talking her! :) Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I believe that boy should make the first step :)

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #20255 by black_magnolia
Skie, I'll just wish you good luck as Envy and Scootiebee have written everything I would have come up with... :silly:

I also don't believe in love at first sight, but I do believe in attraction...

Skie's situation is similar to mine. I'm attracted to a guy in the library in which I study and I'm too shy to do something (even if I had the courage I wouldn't know what to do)... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20256 by Kelaiah_
black_magnolia wrote:

Skie's situation is similar to mine. I'm attracted to a guy in the library in which I study and I'm to shy to do something (even if I had the courage I wouldn't know what to do)... :(

There's a guy?! You told me nothing! Oh, you're dead tomorrow! :D

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds