Show Navigation Menu

People with special needs

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19881 by Kelaiah_
Do you have any experience with people with special needs? What do you think about them?

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19882 by black_magnolia
I don't have a lot of experience with such people. At home where I live, there is a centre for adults with mental retardation near my house and I often see them go for walks in a group when the weather is nice. Looks like a kindergarten group just made up of adults.
I have seen a lot of kids with down syndrome. They have such a positive air around them, I find it hard to explain. The people that have more contact with them tell me that they are an addition to their lives and I can believe that.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19883 by Kelaiah_
That's really true. Many people think that it's hard to live with them. I mean, it sure isn't that easy, but they really have \"something\", some positive energy around them. You simply can't be unhappy in their company.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19893 by Thurysaz
What do you mean by \"spécial needs\"?

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19894 by Kelaiah_
People with intellectual disabilities, Down syndrome, blind people...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #19899 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:People with special needs
Hmm..I tend to skirt around this topic, especially on forums..Technical terms differ in countries, for example, over in the UK, if you called someone 'mentally retarded', they would be extremely offended, and I'm always wary of offending.

I have a lot of friends who have 'special needs'. They don't seem any different to anyone else.

On the topic of intellect, I find a lot of 'special needs' people compensate in other subjects. My mother's old boss had dyslexia and found it very hard to read, but he was an incredible mathematician. Most 'special needs' people often excel in sciences or maths.

There's an unusual case in my history class though, where a guy with some type of autism excels at history and memorising things.

I'm curious as to your motive for creating this thread.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds