Show Navigation Menu

The 3D TV

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19808 by Thurysaz
The 3D TV was created by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sisters & brothers memebers of The Order Of Algoth,

Have you seen the latest news for television?
The 3D screens!

What do you think?

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19819 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:The 3D TV
I'm actually very interested in this television. With Avatar being in 3-D, I would love to be able to finally watch it at it's best! :cheer: <--- (3-D Glasses)

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19850 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The 3D TV
I think it is fascinating, but I don't really think I will own one in the next 10 years at least. From what I hear they will be expensive, and every person watching will have to have a pair of those silly glasses. If you invite a few friends over for a game, you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to make sure you have enough glasses on hand for everyone. from what I have heard, and I may be mistaken, they will be expensive.

I wish the whole 3D trend would die a quiet death. I think it is silly. Every movie coming out now is scrambling to be in 3d. Maybe they should just make better movies, and forget about trying to impress us with effects. Oh, well.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19862 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The 3D TV
It's a cute idea, but personally..I just don't think it's practical, especially if you have to wear 3D glasses everytime you want to watch TV.

Usually I glance at the TV from my laptop-corner in the living room, and I quite like being able to see it without needing an extra pair of glasses for the whole picture (wearing two glasses whilst watching 3D movies is bad enough as it is).

I think it's just some need for companies to feel they're becoming more 'modern' and to move on technologically..But hey, never know. Apparently iPods were dismissed as silly ideas at one point too.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19957 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The 3D TV
I've also heard that they're really expensive, and I agree that it's annoying to have to wear two pairs of glasses at once. I did enjoy Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the theatre, but I'll be happy with the regular version on DVD. Some movies do lend themselves to 3D, but a lot of it is just marketing hype as well.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19980 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The 3D TV
Morgana wrote:

I've also heard that they're really expensive, and I agree that it's annoying to have to wear two pairs of glasses at once. I did enjoy Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the theatre, but I'll be happy with the regular version on DVD. Some movies do lend themselves to 3D, but a lot of it is just marketing hype as well.

Agreed..Some movies don't really suit 3D at all. My mother said that at times, when she was watching Alice in Wonderland, she didn't think there was any 3D stuff in it. She took of her glasses and lo and behold, the image was just normal.

It's not really sensible to put all programs/movies into 3D really.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds