Show Navigation Menu

non-goth wedding wear

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19228 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Not a problem!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19235 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:non-goth wedding wear
scootiebee wrote:

It is my nephew, my husband's brother's son, but I haven't seen him or other family that will be there in several years (well, more like 7 or 8 years). They probably remember me as a post-baby bore as far as clothes go. And the wedding is outside, in the sun, in the heat, so I don't want to wear something too heat-inducing. I will wear short sleeves to cover the tat, but not long sleeves. I don't want to roast. And I think I might go with a black skirt, jewel-tone blouse. I think that would work. Thanks for all your input! I appreciate it! It is just that I haven't see some of these people in a long time, so I can't as easily judge their reactions. Thanks again!

:P You're welcome.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19248 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:non-goth wedding wear
scootiebee wrote:

It is my nephew, my husband's brother's son, but I haven't seen him or other family that will be there in several years (well, more like 7 or 8 years). They probably remember me as a post-baby bore as far as clothes go. And the wedding is outside, in the sun, in the heat, so I don't want to wear something too heat-inducing. I will wear short sleeves to cover the tat, but not long sleeves. I don't want to roast. And I think I might go with a black skirt, jewel-tone blouse. I think that would work. Thanks for all your input! I appreciate it! It is just that I haven't see some of these people in a long time, so I can't as easily judge their reactions. Thanks again!

You're welcome! Hopefully they'll have tents, or some kind of shelter from the sun? Maybe you should take a parasol as well...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19277 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:non-goth wedding wear

You're welcome! Hopefully they'll have tents, or some kind of shelter from the sun? Maybe you should take a parasol as well...

Never leave home without it!!!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19287 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:non-goth wedding wear
Hehehe, let us know how it went, I am having a similar issue coming up and I am very determined to intentionally make their jaw drop but, maybe I am just acting crazy again ;) Good luck and have fun :D.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19339 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:non-goth wedding wear
If it was MY family, I would wear whatever the heck I wanted. But it is my husband's relatives, so I want to be nice. I can still look good, and in my own way, but I don't want to be an object that people gossip and stare at. I can't do that to the bride. Not fair, and not my thing, to ruin someone's special day by trying to be the oddball. I can play straight for a few hours to keep the family happy. And straight for me is hiding the tattoos, not wearing black makeup, and not wearing skull jewelry. I can manage for a day.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds