Show Navigation Menu

Download.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18649 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Download.
I also think downloading amounts to stealing. You wouldn't take a painting from someone's studio without paying for it, or expect someone to tattoo you for free, right?

If I hear of a new band that I think I might like, I look for their website, or myspace page. Most bands have a few songs posted online, and if I like what I hear, then I'll go buy the CD. I also like to have the liner notes, lyrics, artwork, etc. that comes along with the CD. Plus, I remember in the early 90s when CDs were first becoming mainstream, lots of bands used to put hidden tracks on their albums, which you wouldn't get if you downloaded it. I don't think that's as common now though.

black_magnolia, I seem to remember discussing this before as well, although I don't remember the name of the thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18658 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Download.
If you can find a previous topic about music downloads then this one might as well be deleted or maybe merged. I don't have the time to go look right now. 8 minutes left on the internet. :(

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18669 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Download.
Thurysaz wrote:

Bonjour sisters & brothers members of TOOA,

Practice you download?

Are you for or against it?

Do you think if everyone pirated their work the artists do not earn more than their lives?

What is your opinion?

Mes hommages.

T.

What I like about downloading is, when you have a expensive program like Adobe or other's, for me its ok but when I like a group, I buy the music!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #18689 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Download.
SkieShauphen wrote:

If you can find a previous topic about music downloads then this one might as well be deleted or maybe merged. I don't have the time to go look right now. 8 minutes left on the internet. :(

I think the old topic got deleted because of too few posts. I can't find it. -_-

Back to topic: I also rather have a cd then download the music, the sound quality is better and that is the most important to me. The album art and lyrics are just a nice bonus.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18703 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Download.
I guess downloading is great if you want to 'sample' a new band you've found, but the trouble is, for all you know, it could just be one great song or one of their worst songs that you've downloaded.

Besides - When people want me to 'sample' a band's new song or something, they'll send me YouTube links. :blink:

CDs aren't that dear really - On eBay, it's pretty easy to get hold of a used CD for a few pounds. I've even gotten a brand new CD that was only just released and still sealed, on eBay, for a fiver.

^.^

More
14 years 1 month ago #18717 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Download.
True. The CD is better, thus why I get it when it's worth getting. ALSO, if I buy a disk, I immediately make a copy of it so as to not add wear and tear to the original.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds