Show Navigation Menu

Download.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18732 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Download.
I just load all my cd's into itunes, and my ipod. Luckily I have a 160 g ipod! I have ALL my cds on it, so I don't frequently play the actual cd, just the pod. But I live with that thing attached to my head.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18767 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Download.
I have a CD walkman from about 10 years ago, but I never got around to getting an ipod. I have a stereo in my house and in my car, so I don't think I'd make much use of one. The walkman only gets used during dentist appointments now, just for something to drown out the noise.

I do buy used CDs, but at least the artist got the original royalty from it. And there are lots of bands whose albums I buy new, as soon as they come out, without even hearing it first (Slayer, Motorhead, Slipknot, to name a few). We have hundreds of CDs, on racks hanging on the living room walls. My husband has quite a collection of records on vinyl as well... they're usually only $2 or $3 each, and the sound quality is great, as long as you check for scratches before you buy.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18769 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Download.
SkieShauphen wrote:

True. The CD is better, thus why I get it when it's worth getting. ALSO, if I buy a disk, I immediately make a copy of it so as to not add wear and tear to the original.

:P I'm the same..I immediately rip all the songs onto my laptop/onto my walkman and put the CD in a safe place. You'd think that I might as well get a digital copy to begin with..But I like the reassurance I get from having an official CD stored away. I rarely get the CDs out - Only when I'm in my room and cleaning or something. :blink: It's quite nice to be able to choose whether to have my music completely filling the air I'm in or just kept private for my ears only.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18788 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Download.
160 g's! WOW. Mine's only 80 and my little one is only around 12. I want your device!

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18813 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Download.
well, I need a bigger one. Mine is almost full. And this is the biggest one they make. I really want an ipod touch to play games on, but it isn't worth it to me, because it wouldn't hold even half my music, let alone have room for games left over.

The best thing about having the CD's is that if your computer crashes, the hard drive explodes, etc., you still have the music you paid for! It takes me a week to load everything into itunes, but it is worth it. Then I only need to grab a few cd's a week to swap out in the car.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18825 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Download.
scootiebee wrote:

The best thing about having the CD's is that if your computer crashes, the hard drive explodes, etc., you still have the music you paid for! It takes me a week to load everything into itunes, but it is worth it. Then I only need to grab a few cd's a week to swap out in the car.

That's one of the best reasons! I would go mad if my pc crashed and I had all my music on it. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds