Show Navigation Menu

What's your weakness?

More
13 years 11 months ago #20229 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's your weakness?
black_magnolia wrote:

One of my weaknesses: poor eyesight. :( I'm almost blind as a bat and now it even got worse but I didn't have time to go to my doc... Last time I checked it was on both eyes -6.00/+1.50 (I've got astigmatism so that explains the double dioptre on each eye).

I don't have astigmatism, but my eyesight was -4.15 each eye (around there). It's got worse - I'm heading off to the opticians tomorrow. My mother has -6.00 each eye..I just don't want to get as bad as that. >.<

My eyesight just never seems to stay put. The moment I get new glasses, my sight'll change and get worse again. It puts me off getting glasses until I direly need them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20241 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's your weakness?
The same thing happens with me with glasses. i get new ones, and I am in heaven for about 6 months. Then, all of a sudden, they are insufficient again. So I wait another year or so with bad glasses to get new ones. Probably not the smartest thing to do, since I spend the last few months squinting at signs and begging the kid to read them for me as we drive. Ugh.

My eyes aren't real bad compared to that, though. -1.95 in one eye and -1.75 in the other. I think.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20268 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's your weakness?
scootiebee wrote:

The same thing happens with me with glasses. i get new ones, and I am in heaven for about 6 months. Then, all of a sudden, they are insufficient again. So I wait another year or so with bad glasses to get new ones. Probably not the smartest thing to do, since I spend the last few months squinting at signs and begging the kid to read them for me as we drive. Ugh.

My eyes aren't real bad compared to that, though. -1.95 in one eye and -1.75 in the other. I think.

Haha, I recall once, my mother and I were in the car and she made a wrong turn - But both of us needed new glasses, so I was unable to read signs when she was asking me to. :woohoo:

I didn't want glasses for fear of being classed as even more nerdy than what I already was, but then came the fateful day when I crossed the road and next thing I knew, a car bumper nudged my leg.

I didn't see it coming at all.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds