Show Navigation Menu

meeting anyone in time?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1877 by Aftermidnight
Edgar Allan Poe...
He seemed like a bit of a rebel of his day and he's the only poet I've really enjoyed reading. Maybe we would get along well (ha, like I'm a rebel). I'd get my Essential Poe book signed as well...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1878 by CorpseQueen
I have actually no idea... well, except that I find Veszdrin's idea pretty cool B)

Don't really think of past time. Maybe I'd like to meat my grand-father, who died in cancer, on that night when he was in hospital at christmas even, and I said I didn't want to come. At that time, no one close to me had died, so didn't really understood that he could. Never saw him in the comming weeks either, and he died in early january. Not that he was my best friend or anything, it's just something I regret a bit, not visiting him a last time. Tho I did bring him flowers I'd picked myself the last time I saw him :)

But talk to someone long gone... not sure. All that's in my mind are superheroes and animals atm, but I'll tell you all if I find someone that I'd have a chat with :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #1884 by demonica66613
The two people I was thinking of when I wrote this topic were Aleister Crowley and Abraham Lincoln. In meeting Aleister Crowley, it would not matter where but, I would probably let him do most of the talking so I can hear his beliefs and learn from them. I would choose Abraham Lincoln, because I would love to discuss how he got up the courage to free the slaves in early colonial America. Now a days, things like that just aren't done as efficiently and effectively. I would be in denial to say there isn't still racial biast in the world or America. It would just be nice to talk to a man who took such a bold move in such a turbullent time.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1893 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:meeting anyone in time?
i just thought of another person who i'd like to meet. my grandfather from my mother's side of the family. he died before i was born but i'm told i get a lot of my qualities and habits from him. it doesn't matter where we met. i would just like to meet him. i would have to agree with you demonica. i would also like to meet Aleister Crowley just to hear his beliefs and to know what he was really like in person.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #1902 by Highwayman
Captain Blackbeard and the famous Highwayman Dick Turpin.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1907 by morphea3107
hmmm...i have often asked myself the same question ...who'd i like to meet ?...the answer is , edgar allan poe ( because he has a great influence on me , and i would go so far as to say that i worship him ) , friederich nietzsche ( because he influenced my thinking since an early age and i owe him a lot ) and there would be a few more , like , charlie manson , hitler , lord carnavron and carter etc....

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds