Show Navigation Menu

April Fools Day

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17898 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:April Fools Day
The local news here covers the local basketball team, the sad Washington Wizards (who are AWFUL this year). They won their fist game in the last 16 games last night, and the news was saying that the results were under review. We believed it until they said April Fool!

They also had a news item running on the radio all day that there was a new tax on salt, and restaurants had to add 25 cents to your bill to cover the salt tax. April fool!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17907 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

Regarding interesting pranks, the BBC 'spaghetti tree' prank comes to mind, though. You might have heard of it. On the news in the UK, they stated that spaghetti came from trees, and they broadcasted footage of people 'harvesting' spaghetti from a tree.

They had a lot of calls from people who wanted to know where they could get hold of a spaghetti tree. Haha.

I heard about the spaghetti trees! That made me laugh. :laugh:

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17911 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:April Fools Day
scootiebee wrote:

The local news here covers the local basketball team, the sad Washington Wizards (who are AWFUL this year). They won their fist game in the last 16 games last night, and the news was saying that the results were under review. We believed it until they said April Fool!

They also had a news item running on the radio all day that there was a new tax on salt, and restaurants had to add 25 cents to your bill to cover the salt tax. April fool!

Ouch! I think they wouldn't dare to do that over here in the UK. In the recent budget (announced a few days ago), they put a 10% tax on cider or something..And it's caused mass rioting.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17936 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:April Fools Day
I absolutely HATE April Fool's Day... I got picked on enough at school, I really didn't need a special day to emphasise it even more.

I'm very sceptical about anything I see on TV or read anywhere on April 1. black_magnolia, if you had posted that joke about the raffle, I wouldn't have believed it anyway. I did see something cute on the local news one year though... they showed a flock of penguins in flight.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17946 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:April Fools Day
I've heard about the spaghetti trees, and read in the news about the top 10 april jokes - our swedish classic was on third place :blush: Have you heard about it? They said on tv, in the time when there was only black and white, that a nylon sock over the tv would give it colour. Thousands of people called the station and started to complain - 'we can't get it to fit!', 'is there a special kind that works better?' and so on...

Such things are always fun, to read the news and try to figure out everything, but I never get a prank played on me or alike... it's mostly the tv, but that's fun enough B)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17954 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:April Fools Day
I've also heard of the spaghetti tree and the Swedish colour tv hoax. Makes you think if people are really so dumb or are the media, especially tv, so powerful, or is it a mix of both?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds