Show Navigation Menu

April Fools Day

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17972 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:April Fools Day
Don't forget the War of the Worlds. They broadcast it again here on April Fools Day, and constantly interrupted the broadcast with warnings that this was a reading of a work of fiction, so as not to cause mass panic.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #18003 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:April Fools Day
scootiebee wrote:

Don't forget the War of the Worlds. They broadcast it again here on April Fools Day, and constantly interrupted the broadcast with warnings that this was a reading of a work of fiction, so as not to cause mass panic.

:P I've heard of that one too.

Not heard of the Swedish colour-TV one, but my mother did tell me a joke she fell for a long time ago. She said there was an e-mail going around with an attachment that claimed all computers now had the ability to take pictures..All you had to do was stare at this dot in the middle of the screen, smile, and it would 'take your picture'. The computer would 'develop' it and then give you this image.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Envy.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18014 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:April Fools Day
black_magnolia wrote:

I've also heard of the spaghetti tree and the Swedish colour tv hoax. Makes you think if people are really so dumb or are the media, especially tv, so powerful, or is it a mix of both?

I think it's a mix of both... people are so used to relying on the media, that they pretty much take everything that's said at face value. And the media are so used to that, that they probably figure they can get people to believe just about anything.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18035 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:April Fools Day
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

:P I've heard of that one too.

Not heard of the Swedish colour-TV one, but my mother did tell me a joke she fell for a long time ago. She said there was an e-mail going around with an attachment that claimed all computers now had the ability to take pictures..All you had to do was stare at this dot in the middle of the screen, smile, and it would 'take your picture'. The computer would 'develop' it and then give you this image.

Warning: Spoiler!

I have seen a similar email to this one, telling you that your driver license picture is posted online, and you should make sure it is correct, and remove it from the site. You have to enter your personal info to do it, so I never have, but I know what happens, it shows you a picture of a monkey, as if it was you. Hahahaha. Not.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #32065 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic April Fools Day!!!
:anyone cooking up some good jokes for april fools day? if so please post, i really need to laugh right now. i have been really depressed.

ZOSO

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #32069 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: April Fools Day!!!
:S Uhh I'll be keeping jokes to a minimum I think..Most in our college will. We're being visited by a Holocaust survivor on the 1st of April so the day will have a very serious but educational tone. >.<

Although I can always pull tricks at home..I was thinking of the good ol' fashioned brother-wet-the-bed scenario..Or freaking him out with fake wasps. Just two days ago, a dying wasp managed to crawl up his trouser leg and he managed to bring it home with him (discovering it when he was getting changed out of school clothes in his room)..He was all paranoid about wasps for aaages..Screaming if like..His own hair tickled his neck or something. Haha. :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds