Show Navigation Menu

Phobias

More
14 years 1 month ago #17193 by effigy-23
Replied by effigy-23 on topic Re:Phobias
I have a horrendous fear of spiders and heights, each is truly terrifying for me but I have no idea which is worse. If I see a big spider I freeze, sweat and start feeling itchy. But if I go somewhere too high out in the open then I'm likely to faint. I'm fine when I'm in a building or in a plane, but glass elevators, climbing ladders and things like that I won't go anywhere near.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17197 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Phobias
effigy-23 wrote:

I have a horrendous fear of spiders and heights, each is truly terrifying for me but I have no idea which is worse. If I see a big spider I freeze, sweat and start feeling itchy. But if I go somewhere too high out in the open then I'm likely to faint. I'm fine when I'm in a building or in a plane, but glass elevators, climbing ladders and things like that I won't go anywhere near.

Ahh..My boyfriend is exactly the same. If he sees a spider though, he won't freeze. He'll run as far away from it as possible, regardless of where he is, he'll just run. :P

More
14 years 1 month ago #17219 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Phobias
I'm somewhat claustrophobic. It's not really bad... I can be in an elevator, or in a crowd at a concert without freaking out. I could never go cave exploring though. Even watching someone on TV (like on those survival shows) go into a cave makes me nervous.

I'm indifferent to clowns, but I find dolls a bit creepy, especially the ones with the eyes that open and close. I liked the pictures on the earlier posts though.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17250 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Phobias
Oddly, I find spiders amazing creatures, and I am really fascinated by them. I don't even think large or furry spiders are icky. I like them. And I love moths and butterflies. As long as the aforementioned moth is not trying to fly into my hair or down my shirt. That was disconcerting. They do that a lot, when I go out back to have a cigarette at night, and sit under the back porch light reading. The moths come, see my attractive pink pajamas, and must assume I am a flower, or something to land on. ugh.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17268 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Phobias
I love cave exploring. :laugh:

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 1 month ago #17294 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Phobias
Morgana wrote:

I'm somewhat claustrophobic. It's not really bad... I can be in an elevator, or in a crowd at a concert without freaking out. I could never go cave exploring though. Even watching someone on TV (like on those survival shows) go into a cave makes me nervous.

Depends on the type of cave I guess. :P I've been in a few. I couldn't go into the ones where you need to dive into water to reach a secluded, tight spot though. Not great at holding my breath, but I've explored larger caves that were quite spacious inside. :P They're really quite interesting places! You should give a larger cave a go.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds