Show Navigation Menu

Drugs.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16703 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Drugs.
Yeah the big taxes are coming to developing countries like mine, but the prices haven't stopped anyone from smoking I must admit, but it isn't cool as it once has been to the kids so I guess it is a step forward (but still I am a smoker :P)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16709 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Drugs.
Deary me lol!!

Noxae; Dude. If you are drinking one litre of green tea each and every day, Im pretty sure youre addicted. And yes green tea contains caffine. If you dont have any green tea in a day and you get a headache from it - you are definately addicted.

I am addicted to coffee. It is a drug and my body is dependant upon it. If I do not have at least one cup a day I get a headache. Just because its legal doesnt mean its not a drug.

How many of you take panadol and ibuprofen? Drank Absinthe?

Im not going to get into consipracy theories here but isnt it funny how the three LEGAL drugs are caffine, tobacco and alcohol. All heavily taxed and sold pretty much everywhere. A person who smokes is constantly high. Tobacco is a dependant, mind altering drug. it smells bad and it tastes foul lol. However, smoking is a freedom afforded to all and the extent to which the Australian Government is going to to try and ban it is completely wrong. In Melbourne this year they will be trialing the use of automatic fines to people smoking in a certain suburb. Out on the street. WTF. I hate smoking, I do not smoke, but I believe that everyone has the right to slowly kill themselves if they want to. Youre on the street. What next!!

I used to work as a Admin Assistant in a Medical Clinic and man, you should see some of the stuff people are legally prescribed by doctors. I am more worried about prozaced soccer mums driving mini vans than freaking stoners wandering about laughing at flowers and the nature of humanity.

I have smoked weed once, taken 2CB once, tried cigarets once, drink often, drink two to three cups of coffee every day, and fully intend on trying paoti for the shamanistic experience of it.

Never have I taken a drug be it ibuprofen, a flu vax, codine, weed, asprin etc without researching it first. This is the best website for drug related information;

www.erowid.org/

I fully believe in the use of phsycotropic drugs being used to experience the greater nature of things - for shamanistic usage. But, I would never condone the regular use or non carefully monitored dosages of any drug.

If you are interested and have the time (or can be bothered lol) www.sedona.com/ . This is a theory of using subconsious reprogramming via soundwaves. Apparently its as close to taking LSD as you can get without actually doing drugs. Its a form of meditation and takes a bit to master :) And yes, it is a cheesy website lol but its theory is interesting :cheer:

And can I just say that Thurysaz got away nicely without actually putting in his point of view ;P

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16713 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Drugs.
Poledra1a wrote:

And can I just say that Thurysaz got away nicely without actually putting in his point of view ;P

Good point, haha!

I think I can safely say I don't really take many drugs at all. I don't drink tea or coffee at all and I don't use pain killers (extremely painful, I was ill today, but I'm ill so often that my parents think I'll be seriously damaging my liver with paracetamol useage).

The only 'drug' I do take..Is probably the stuff which is inside the moisturising creams I have to put on, to stop my eczema from becoming horrendous.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16750 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Drugs.
My view on drugs?

Clearly.

It would be better to legalize them. Because it's the only way to stop the traffic and at least as it sold the drug would be monitored and therefore good.
Because when someone wants to take drugs he takes drugs and nothing can stop him.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16751 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Drugs.
@ Poledra1a: I'm more of a ''dudette'' rather than a ''dude'' :P
I've stayed several days without tea and haven't noticed it's absence. I know it contains caffeine, but I can peacefully fall sleep few minuttes after drinking my daily dosis. As for headaches, I've never even had one in my whole life so far. I'm not addicted to tea, it's just that I can drink up to 7 litres of water daily, 1 litre of which is drank in the form of tea. Seriously, I've found cocoa butter and vaseline for chappy lips to be much more addictive. As for medicines, I usually replace them with a nice cup of salvia tea. Nothing wrong with me :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #16769 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Drugs.
I think I have mentioned this somewhere else on these boards, but I smoke because when I don't I need serious antipsychotic meds, which turn me zombie-like, and potentially damage the central nervous system causing muscle paralysis. Look it up, tardive dyskinesia. Very bad. So I choose to smoke to self-medicate for bipolar rather than taking haldol, cogentin (which is a parkinson's disease drug to counter the negative affects of haldol) and lithium. All of these are basically poisons, which were destroying me physically a lot faster than the cigarettes were. I still have some paralysis of some facial muscles, even though I stopped my meds almost 10 years ago. Just have to keep the stress down, and rely on the properties of nicotine to keep me sane. It works, and at least I know I will die of cancer, not muscle paralysis. So they better not ban the only drug that literally keeps me sane.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds