Show Navigation Menu

March 8th - International Women's Day

More
14 years 1 month ago #16276 by millkins
Thanks for the bouquet magnolia :D wish you all the best too :D My friends don't say happy ladies day because I give them the \"look\" and they forget what they wanted to say :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16283 by Noxae
Thank you for the flowers!
This day isn't really celebrated in Greece, my 1st country of origin, and I don't know how much people care about it in Germany either, my 2nd country of origin, so...this is the first time I get flowers on the 8th of March...well, even virtual ones :blush:

More
14 years 1 month ago #16913 by Envy
I found this news article related to Int. Women's Day - What do you think about it?

\"Control a woman remote\".

More
14 years 1 month ago #16940 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I found this news article related to Int. Women's Day - What do you think about it?

\"Control a woman remote\".

I get a page not found notice. Maybe they removed the article. dunno.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17013 by Envy
Oh..I'll copy and paste an article about it from elsewhere then.

Borders defends the sale of 'control-a-woman' novelty remote control

A MELBOURNE bookstore chain has defended the sale of a remote control for women, saying the male remote control has already sold out.

Borders was forced to defend its $15 novelty product after a woman called the ABC to say she was furious at discovering it during last week's celebration of female rights and achievements.

Katie Robertson told ABC Radio she was \"troubled\" by the toy, after spotting it on International Women’s Day last week, \"mainly because it encourages a stereotype of women as submissive, who are to be controlled\".

\"There are certain buttons on there. For example, the male may decide that he wants beer, sex or food,\" she said.

\"He may press a button in which he requires the woman to remove her clothes, cook, clean, leave, (or) say yes.

\"There's also a button in which you can increase her breast size.\"

Borders spokeswoman Lauren Thompson said the product was intended to be \"a bit funny, a bit of a gimmick\", adding \"it is base level humour\".

She also said the chain sells a \"control a man\" remote, which has sold out.

The control-a-man remote lets women stop men’s bodily functions like excessive belching and farting, and can force them to talk about emotions or shoes, give flowers or chocolate, tell the truth or multi-task.

The most prominent button is “propose”, while a volume-like control is labeled “orgasm”.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17080 by black_magnolia
I think the remote controls are just a big laugh and I think that the poor journalists don't have any better thing to write.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds