• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 2 months ago #14524 by millkins
Hello fellow goths,

I am interested in what do dreams mean to you, are you type that says they are just fulfillment of wishes and cravings made to ease the pressure of living, the print that outer world leaves on your brains, and he reproduces it in a way that he sees right, or maybe some mystical power is influencing you and warning you of some danger. Also I need to know what dreaming of the dead means for you, I am very very interested in this detail. Have heard a lot of conventional explanations though. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Now, my answer would be - I find dreams a very important part of life, one fourth of the day we sleep and sometimes dream, I sometimes draw my energy from them and sometimes they completely exhaust me, sometimes I can't make a difference between a dream and real life, can't remember if I dreamed of something or it actually happened. Because to the brain it is the same, kind of makes me think life is an illusion.

p.s.I know that long time ago there was a similar topic but I needed a new one to ask a new question.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14540 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I have lots of crazy dreams/nightmares, but most of them are so jumbled that I can't make much sense of them in relation to waking like. And frankly, I wouldn't want most of them to be events that will happen, or that I wish to happen... I really can't imagine any sane person wishing for some of the scenarios I've dreamed.

I used to try to read books explaining dreams when I was younger, but none of them ever seemed to relate to me. I think to really figure them out, you have to take them in the context of your own life, rather than trying to fit them into some specific categories from a book. For example, I like dogs, but my aunt is deathly afraid of them. So for each of us to dream of a dog running up to us, would have very different meanings. I would think of a puppy coming to play, and she would think of being attacked.

As far as dreaming of dead people, I've had a few dreams like that, and they always left me very unsettled the next day. It wasn't anyone specific that I knew (or even a whole person, in one case), but they were very vivid and disturbing. And I know I have a lot of dreams that I don't even remember, because my husband tells me that I talk in my sleep, and sometimes sit up screaming, although I never remember it the next day. I do sometimes have a really unsettled feeling, and if I ask him if I was talking the night before, it usually turns out that I was. I also sleepwalk, although not as much as when I was younger. So even though you're supposedly \"resting\" while asleep, there's still an awful lot of activity going on.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14548 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I believe in the meaning of dreams but I do not know ...

But mostly I think the world of dreams is an \"other\" world.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14549 by fastjam06
Replied by fastjam06 on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I would have to agree with morgana that you have to look at them in the context of your life. The same dream could mean many different things to different people.

I have very disturbing drams more often then not. If it invlolves me and a violent act, most people woiuld say that I am disturbed and should seek professional help. What I have come to find out about them is that they are usually a result of me getting very upset at a situation that I have no control over.

The dreams of the dead and someone dying usaully, for me, stem from regrets and fears. The dreams of the dead I have are people that I cared for and didn't get to say goodbye to. The others are something happening to my children or to my dark princess. They are the ones that really bother me and will wkae me up in the night freaked out.

If you are fishing for ways to find out what they mean to you. I would suggest a dream journal and to compare this with what happened during the day before. Dreams are suppossed to be your brains way of dealing with things. This is why it happenes only during rem sleep, supposedly the ones we remember were either really important to us, happened near the end of our sleep cycle or woke us up because they were disturbing.

Someday you'll understand what posesses me.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14558 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I like to think of my dreams like the X-Files. remember that show? Some of the episodes were part of the \"Mythology\" that was the core plotline of the whole series. Some of the episodes were very good stand-alone or two or three part story arc episodes. Those were actually most of the episodes, I think there were something like 25 or 28 total \"Mythology\" episodes, the rest were just creepy. And every once in a while, there would be an \"oddball\" episode that was a little off, a little funny, or just plain out of left field weird. my dreams seem to fall into one of these categories. I have a particular kind of dream that falls into the \"mythology\" category, that all seem to take place in the same universe with each other, and I tend to remember them distinctly, no matter how complex the plot. It is like one ongoing dream that I pick up on again every few months and add to.

There is the regular old dream that is interesting, weird, but not of any other particular significance. This is probably my brain going through my day or things that are bugging me.

Then once in a while, I will have a whacko dream, totally weird, nothing realistic, funny, or otherwise completely inexplicable.

Some of them might be part of my subconscious, or be spiritual, or whatever, but to me, they are just X-Files.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14585 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Funny that I should see this topic..I have huge nightmares every night. Last night was no exception..It was particularly long and detailed, and yet I had forgotten about it until I saw this topic.

I assume my dreams are just pieces of things I've seen throughout the week or things that are particularly on my mind..

..Although that doesn't really explain the aspects of murders and being a serial killer at times in my dreams.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds