Show Navigation Menu

Thanks, and why (finally!) I was on TV

More
14 years 3 months ago #13398 by scootiebee
No, the aim is to win cash. The winner keeps the cash they win, second place gets $2000, and third place gets $1000. The winner also gets to go back the next day and try to win again. I will record the show, and a friend will DVD it and I will try to post it online for those of you overseas. But in the U.S. (and Canada, I think) it will be on April 2. Stay Tuned! :)

They were really impressed with my clothes all over LA. I don't think I could live there, but it is remarkable how many positive reactions I got to my wardrobe all over that town. I guess they are used to all kinds of styles out there, but I kind of stood out even there! At least I wasn't an imitation Ed Hardy knock-off, which seems to be the predominant style out there right now. Ugh. If I never see another Ed Hardy t-shirt again, it will be too soon! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13406 by knumpcy
Bravo! Brilliant news! I hope I can catch the show!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #13745 by CorpseQueen
Nice, too bad I wont be able to watch it... don't think they air it here, on any channel, mostly because we got our own such contest.

Pictures! Gotta see pictures, and hope you did well!

And going in sleeveless when 18 C? Please! That's summer here! Midsummer!
And a fun fact is that I just thought (after not being able to walk to the store, because it's cold and my pants are dirty, even tho I needed something) \"ONLY -1,1 C? I could have just taken thick pantyhoses and walked to the store in my skirt!\" Tihi... that's swedish people for ya... open jacket when it's -15 C outside... it's wonderfull really.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by CorpseQueen.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #13793 by scootiebee
Yeah, I had that reaction to LA, and previously several years ago in San Francisco. It gets a little pleasant outside, and all of a sudden, MITTENS! Everyone looked dressed for skiing, and I was wearing flip-flops and a short skirt. Right now here it is 33 F, or just about 0c. I was just outside in my pajamas and slippers for about 45 minutes talking on the phone. It is pleasant outside right now. At least it is not snowing or icing or whatever. Parka, feh.

Oh, and when I remember to get the pictures off my camera, I promise to put a few on here. I will do it asap.

Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by scootiebee.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14126 by black_magnolia
We're still waiting to see those pictures. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14183 by scootiebee
Oh, uh, still haven't put them on the computer. Going downstairs right now! I will be right back...

Okay, uploaded from my camera, but the files are too large to upload to Alchemy. :(

The files from my phone are the right size, but I didn't take any pictures of myself with my own cell phone. I have to get my daughter's from her and upload those. I think she took a picture of me... But here is Hollywood Boulevard in the rain...

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by scootiebee.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds