Show Navigation Menu

Luck

More
14 years 3 months ago #12423 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Luck
I don't count these raffles or similar competitions as something that would make me feel lucky...
It's nice to win something, but it's not something that makes me feel really good.
I'd feel myself lucky if some other things in my life would start off in a positive direction and somehow I think I'm getting there... It's just something in the air. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12436 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
necie1286 wrote:

sometimes i hate raffles and contests for it seams like i never win or have any luck.

Raffles I'm generally very unlucky..Competitions, it depends. :P If it's a competition based on some sort of skill, e.g. an art competition, I stand a decent chance, though I guess the 'luck' element is reduced. Depends on the judge's interpretation of the skill being judged. I used to win all of the in-school art competitions, apart from that one easter-egg one I mentioned. :woohoo: Probably contributed to people disliking me, but they did react in my favour when I didn't win the easter-egg one. Just can't please some people. :blink:

More
14 years 3 months ago #12818 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Luck
Yes, I'm lucky. I am not super lucky but that's fine. ;)

More
14 years 3 months ago #12825 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Luck
Sure My Love you're lucky!

You are with me ... :P

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12876 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Luck
Well..Just did my last exam for January a few hours ago. Let's see how well my luck plays out. :woohoo: The questions I was given in my exams seemed to have luck on my side..But I probably shouldn't jinx it. Haha.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13010 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Luck
Morgana wrote:

I've been very lucky, health-wise, pretty much all my life, so I'm not going to complain about anything else. And that's really the most important thing... if you're not healthy, then nothing else matters very much.

That's easy to see for me, as my boy is always sick in some way. His knees hurt, he has problem eating (he's very thin, doesn't have much fat under the skin to keep him varm), problem with his stomach from too much stress in school, which only makes more stress as me misses even more... and so on... it's always something.

And me, I've never been real sick. Never broke a bone in my body, even tho I got a few scars and had two concussions, but it's not much on 20 years. I rarely even get a cold. So I'm very lucky with health, which I didn't know at all untill I meet him. He's good for me in many ways :blush:

But in competitions and such, I rarely win either... but then again, after reading here, most people are unlucky. In the end, it only takes one lucky bastard to ruin it for everyone else...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds