Show Navigation Menu

Cold Weather

More
14 years 3 months ago #12548 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Cold Weather
It's cold here in Texas too! We rarely get snow, but we did have a nice white Christmas. Ever since the week before Christmas, the temperature has been below freezing nearly constantly with plenty of freezing rain and ice. I know it is January, and I have complained many years when it was a sultry 60F this time of year. But it's cold!

I'm sure I have less right to complain than some of you. I figure when it is this consistently cold around here it must be really cold up north. I saw that someplace in Missouri (i think) had 55 inches of snow! omg.

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12550 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cold Weather
Katelyn wrote:

It's cold here in Texas too! We rarely get snow, but we did have a nice white Christmas. Ever since the week before Christmas, the temperature has been below freezing nearly constantly with plenty of freezing rain and ice. I know it is January, and I have complained many years when it was a sultry 60F this time of year. But it's cold!

I'm sure I have less right to complain than some of you. I figure when it is this consistently cold around here it must be really cold up north. I saw that someplace in Missouri (i think) had 55 inches of snow! omg.

Wow That's amazing i always imagined Texas as having blazing heat with tumble weed,dust,cactuses
This global climate problem is really getting real.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12563 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Cold Weather
Cold? We have under 20 here in Sthlm, and we haven't been under -5 in a few years... real headlines: \"Siberian (not sure, but Sibirisk in swedish) winter comming to Sweden\" You know, the place above Russia? :blush:

And the most fun thing is... it's staying that way! It's been like this for maybe a month or more now, nothing over -10 and the little snow that melts comes back the next day (like ice, which means no one's out and more traffic accidents).

It's also fun that everyone's just grabbing the warmest clothes they got, not even caring how ridiculus they look... even me! But I do it in leather, so it's cool... :silly: (The layers of dust on that jacket I found in the closet...)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #12578 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cold Weather
its gotten very cold here. one time we got under 20. i had sooooooo hoped it would have snowed but we didn't get any *frowns*

More
14 years 3 months ago #12584 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cold Weather
My mom lives in Key Largo, Florida, which is about 90 miles from Cuba, so relatively tropical. It was below freezing there today, and didn't get much above that during the day. She is lucky because she actually has heat in her house. Most houses down there don't have heat! Who needs it in the Florida Keys, right? She went to the grocery store today and said it was like being in a refugee camp, because everyone was wearing all the clothes they own trying to stay warm. Few people down there have any kind of winter clothes at all. I know people down there who don't even own long pants or a long-sleeved shirt! She is lucky because both her kids live in the frigid north, so she has warm clothes for when she visits us. She also said that they had snow in Daytona Beach, and just west of there there was enough snow to make a small snowman.

They finally were able to skate on the lakes here today, and we saw 3 separate hockey games in progress. But it will be short-lived. It is supposed to warm up a little this week. I will believe it when I see it.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12595 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cold Weather
That's some really screwed up weather let's get ready for 2012 :ohmy:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds