Show Navigation Menu

Cats...

More
14 years 3 months ago #11974 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Cats...
oh man i know how that is. all 3 of our lil boys do that. its either begging for more food or tuna juice or to be loved on. man they use the cuteness on us all the time and i fall for it each time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11979 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cats...
You should post some pics it would be nice to see them :)

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11982 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Cats...
Oh, cats are so manipulative! My oldest cat (Ciby) is the alfa female of the pack and when she's hungry she comes to the door and just stares though the glass with a \"give me food or\" look. No arguing with her. Her mom was the same with the exception that she was hostile towards her cubs after they turned two months old so all of them would run and hide in the few empty houses in the neighbourhood (pain in the ass catching them and giving them away!) and after she passed away her daughter - Ciby took over the post of house guard. I adore to see her be such a good mum. Her 3 cubs from last summer are still with her, as I didn't have the heart to give them away, and you can see them at night all together going hunting.
My mom isn't fond of the idea of castrating the whole pack as our cats are all outside and there's always one or more getting hit by a car or getting poisoned. (In the last 5 years I lost 4 cats because of poisoning and one was hit by a car :()
Generally people don't have problems with cats in my neighbourhood, in fact, many neighbours that don't have cats know to feed them. (my first neighbours bring the bones from their bbq to the food dish for our cats) but there is always one idiot every summer that goes mad and puts out rat poison. The cats are the main reason we don't have problems with rats, mice and pigeons in the neighbourhood and the normal people understand that. sorry for the rambling and sorry to cemwerewolf for the rats and mice but I distinguish them as pets and pests - don't really want those from the canalization to run around the streets ...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11997 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Cats...
:) I love cats!

Never been allowed to have one in our immediate family though - My father loathes any pets in general, apart from lower-maintenance ones, i.e. A goldfish, and they're not much of a 'pet'.

My auntie had a stray cat though, 'Grumpy' - He turned up on her doorstep with half his ear missing and all of his teeth in an awful condition - He had to have them all removed. He had a habit of hiding under my grandfather's armchair and hissing at anyone who came near the chair, unless it was someone with food.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12020 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Cats...
Scootiebee, if you really want to keep your stray, you'll probably need to give them more time to get used to each other. It's tough to bring an adult cat into a house where another adult already lives, but it can be possible, depending on their temperaments. But it may take weeks, or even a couple of months, for them to decide that they'll co-habit after all.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12031 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cats...
Morgana wrote:

Scootiebee, if you really want to keep your stray, you'll probably need to give them more time to get used to each other. It's tough to bring an adult cat into a house where another adult already lives, but it can be possible, depending on their temperaments. But it may take weeks, or even a couple of months, for them to decide that they'll co-habit after all.

Yeah i agree meywowwwwwwwww

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds