Show Navigation Menu

Sunday

More
13 years 7 months ago #24980 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Sunday
Ah, so in other words, there'd not be enough people coming at odd times of the night in order to justify being open so late.

Reminds me, a mate asked if I wanted to go there at 3am when he gets his drivers license and a car. Just because he could really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24981 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sunday
Kuroboshi wrote:

Ah, so in other words, there'd not be enough people coming at odd times of the night in order to justify being open so late.

Reminds me, a mate asked if I wanted to go there at 3am when he gets his drivers license and a car. Just because he could really.

Maybe it's a big-city thing. :P

More
13 years 7 months ago #24984 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Sunday
Perhaps.

Speaking of cities...Edinburgh has some fireworks display from the Castle near the end of the festival. Princes Street gets absolutely crowded and I believe they charge to get into the Gardens (I think at any rate, can't remember) and it ends up being hell late at night. Princes Street is closed off to traffic (which is limited to buses anyway and the tram service when it comes along) at night. So say someone from an area outside were to take the bus in, it'd be hell getting there since on a Sunday and late at night every other day buses are every 30 mins (I think it's true for the latter).

The display is just for the end of the festival but it's just weird to have it on a Sunday.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24993 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Sunday
infact, it's a big city thing!!!:D
well, pubs and bar are open until 2/3 i think..
but restaurants...until midnight..
maybe it's because for a different culture..
here it's all small..
supermarkets closed usually within 19.30/20p.m.
shops too..19/19.30p.m.
i think that's all!!!:DDD
that's why i was sooo surprised for those 24h supermarkets!!!XD

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds