Show Navigation Menu

childhood memories...

More
13 years 4 months ago #28937 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: childhood memories...
I could swear it was American Dad, the one where Stan takes his daughter's boyfriend somewhere or goes to get him from somewhere and it turns out the guy's father runs a drug farm but it may not have been.

If a parent complained about Tom and Jerry, well, I wouldn't understand it at all. You're right, they likely grew up watching that. Generations have grown up watching Tom and Jerry etc...

It's not up the the TV to educate kids. It's up to the parents to teach them that those actions are wrong. Lazy parents. -.-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28967 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: childhood memories...
Elmer killin Bugs was in Family Guy. Stewie had just given Bryan a back rub while tring to be good for a change, and Bryan says \"that was more disturbing than that cartoon I saw the other day\", then it cuts to the scene of Elmer filling Bugs with gunshots, breaking his neck, and dragging him off. Believe it was part of the Stewie Movie, which I've watched way to often.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28982 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: childhood memories...
Kuroboshi wrote:

It's not up the the TV to educate kids. It's up to the parents to teach them that those actions are wrong. Lazy parents. -.-

Well said! If parents spent more time with their kids, watching what they're watching instead of just shoving them in front of the TV to shut them up, then it would be a lot easier to explain to them the difference between reality and make-believe.

I'm not sure if I've seen the Stewie movie or not, but I know I saw that scene with Elmer and Bugs...

More
13 years 4 months ago #28983 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: childhood memories...
Ah, I remember that.

It's when Stewie has a near-death experience and goes to hell. Then later he sees what he believes to be his father but is actually him from the future.

Morgana, I think parents should be teaching their kids to read more rather than putting them in front of the TV or perhaps doing things with them.

Yeah, I understand that it can be hard for some parents to get the time but I'm sure their kids would love to get attention from their parents, which is why they feel the need to be noisy just so they get some attention. Although using the TV as a means to explain the difference between reality and make-believe would be very helpful.

Mostly I'm just annoyed that something I liked as a kid is now practically ruined. Hell, if they've cut out exploding cigars then I'm more annoyed. Scare the kids into thinking cigars and the like explode. Let's see them try smoking then.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28992 by black_magnolia
I think parents should just pay more attention to their kids. Really listen to what they have to say (not discard everything thinking it something meaningless because it comes form a child) and just generally try to spend time with them.
My parents never specifically told me the difference between reality and make-believe. I always found that it was easy to hold reality apart form some made-up stuff for entertainment purposes.
I think kids generally understand that difference on their own, but if their parents don't care for them, some children get immersed in such a fantasy world looking for some kind of compensation for the lack of love they don't get from their parents... the more they try to live in such a fantasy, the less they can hold it apart form reality and then they have problems in their behaviour etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds