Show Navigation Menu

childhood memories...

More
14 years 4 days ago #19944 by Eskelde09
Replied by Eskelde09 on topic Re:childhood memories...
Build houses in the garden?

 cantates, avito

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19945 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:childhood memories...
Yeah, with blankets and carpets :D

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19982 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:childhood memories...
:P Aah I remember getting told off for that.

We used to build 'dens' out of sofa pillows instead..Sometimes we'd play 'the floor is made of lava' as well.

Good days..All the time in the world..No exams..Ahh.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19986 by Eskelde09
Replied by Eskelde09 on topic Re:childhood memories...
Who said you needed to stop?

 cantates, avito

More
14 years 4 days ago #19991 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:childhood memories...
Eskelde09 wrote:

Who said you needed to stop?

:P Well..At times, I still have outbursts of childishness..I recall playing 'In and out the dusty bluebells' on the college field one day when we were all a tad hyper and feeling nostalgic (it's hard to explain what it is, it's just a playground game).

I don't really have the time to just be a kid again anymore. I guess..These days, the closest I come to it is just playfighting with my boyfriend or piggyback riding friends and playfighting with them in town.

Makes me feel young and foolish. Well. Maybe I could still be defined as young and foolish. My doctor has always joked I was '__ going on 30'..I'm 'just' 17.

I still get urges to roll down hills, but I don't dare unless someone's with me to hold my hand. Haha. In ways I regret not doing more silly things whilst being a kid. I grew up too quickly. Never really did what the other kids did..'Hung around' with older people since I was..10?

I was just..Busy learning and being a nerd in general whilst everyone else was out. Haha, I still am.

Mm I have a fair few regrets, but I shouldn't really think like that. Can't change the past.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19995 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:childhood memories...
Envy, you will be grateful someday, I promise. I had a flashback to my childhood today, and had to call my mom to thank her. We used to take a lot of trips, and while away, she would drag us to every historically significant place, every museum, every possible activity. I never realized how grateful I would be to her for all that. She could be a professional tourist, because we have seen so much. I never realized how much until this weekend.

I took my girl scouts to Washington DC for the weekend, with two other moms. I was so gung-ho to see all the museums and monuments. I was thrilled to be sharing everything I know about history, science, and DC in general with all these kids. I never realized how strange that attitude would seem to others. The other moms were not in to the pace I wanted to set, and let me know right away that stopping for snacks and rest breaks was more important than seeing everything on our list. I just hope that maybe some of my enthusiasm rubbed off on the girls. My kid was sucking it all up like usual (since I give her the same treatment my mom did). For example, she was lecturing other adults at the National Museum of American History about the Star-Spangled Banner (the flag flown over Fort McHenry after the Battle of Baltimore in 1814, after we kicked some British bottoms!!! ;) That was the flag that inspired my hometown boy, Francis Scott Key, to write the poem that became our national anthem.

It was awesome to see a bunch of 10-year-old girls enthusiastic about history, about anything, really!

And it was, after reviewing the day, the highlight for the three girls who were with me. It even beat out seeing the Jonas Brothers, who were touring the museum today too, for some reason. I had no idea who they were, but apparently they are extremely popular with 10-year-old girls, excluding my daughter. She wanted to skip the Jonas Brothers, and see the rare musical instrument collection and Dorothy's ruby slippers.

Sorry for the essay, but I am so proud of my kid today! :) Also, she knew that the Quarrymen are the original incarnation of the Beatles. *GLOWING WITH PRIDE!!!*

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds