Show Navigation Menu

Madness

More
14 years 4 months ago #11534 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Madness
I am mentally unstable. So long as I can keep myself occupied, I can stay 'normal' but when I start to get bored or when something unusually maddenning happens to me, I start to slip. It starts to show and I do things....haneous things that I would never attempt to do while sane. Yes, while my sanity is visible, the insane thoughts still flood my head constantly. I'm just much better now at hiding it from the public. I know what insanity feels like....and I have the jacket to prove it.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11773 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:Madness
jacket.... hmmmm.... B) i'd like to see said jacket... i haven't seen one in a while

More
14 years 4 months ago #11776 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Madness
For me, madness is the inability to maintain or control the conscious mind. Feelings of anxiety or depression or pervasive and uncontrollable illogical thought which produce strong life-affecting emotions are my symptoms as I have a major depressive disorder with psychotic factors. Of course there are many ways to be crazy: insanity in a clinical sense is just a refusal or inability to norm reference like the rest of the 'sane' world.

Yes, I am insane and I have the half paper half fabric scrubs to prove it. Sadly, no jacket tho.

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11778 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:Madness
half paper half fabric?!?!?!?! i don't think i want to know...>.<
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by MarkedGirl17.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11803 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Madness
to quote A. Einstein: Madness is doing the same thing and to expect a different result.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11816 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Madness
To me, it is a question of : is madness more than just mental disease? I guess not.
I myself am perceived as mad by some because I am out of the ordinary but I find that stupid. If I were talking to myself loudly on the streets then that would be suspicious, but just because I dress diferently or laugh more that others (I have quite the big sense of humour) doesn't mean I'm mad, does it?
One thing: I always used to think serial killers and derranged perverts are mad. I mean what's sane in eating your victims or having sex with a corpse? But does madness mean you are not aware of what you do? take Dahmer for instance: I've seen a lot of footage of him after he was arrested in which he spoke of his crimes coherently and showing he knew to separate right from wrong? Is madness then the imposibility to refrain from our bizarre urges? (sorry for writing myself incoherent, it's been a while since I wrote my thoughts down...)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds