Show Navigation Menu

Madness

More
14 years 4 months ago #11364 by Thurysaz
Madness was created by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sisters & brothers of TOOA,

Madness for you what is it?
For many this is madness: Do not always be like the world.
From when you consider that the behavior of someone is crazy?

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11374 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Madness
I am at the point where I think \"crazy\" behavior is basically something harmful to yourself or others. Otherwise, enjoy your life however you think it is best.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11425 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Madness
scootiebee wrote:

I am at the point where I think \"crazy\" behavior is basically something harmful to yourself or others.

That could be debatable, for example - Self-harmers usually know what they're doing, yet they aren't 'crazy', and smokers are harming themselves and possibly others through passive smoking and that is quite common. :P

I'm not sure what I would class as 'crazy'.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11428 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Madness
As I ponder this question I find myself in the presence of a psycology student, a person with bipolar disorder and a person with obsessive compulsive disorder (along with myriad other quirks) so I find it difficult to come up with an answer as each gives me their opinion. In the end though, I must fall back on a phrase I have often uttered : \"madness is what the diseased mind perceives it to be.\" In other words, it is all a matter of perspective. One persons madness is another's genius. One who does seemingly crazy things may have very logical and understandable reasons for doing so. So, in short, I have no definition to offer except that each must recognize their own madness . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #11431 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Madness
Since I have bipolar disorder, and I don't think I am crazy, well, I guess that makes it harder to define what crazy is. I feel pretty non-crazy at the moment. But others might find my behavior to be abnormal. But then I think a lot of \"normal\" people seem pretty crazy to me. Like starting an argument with someone, or being hurtful, or making life harder on others. That's just not right, said the certifiable chickie.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11500 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:Madness
I tend to agree that madness is as you yourself see it.... I remember when I was in highschool my friends and I were called \"crazy\"... just because we tended to do things that were out of, what was called in our school, the \"norm\" ..... it's seems odd now, as I haven't changed but I have moved away from my friends, and yet I am no longered called \"crazy\" by those who yelled it from the school balcony.... how perspectives change....
Godspeed, may life and all it holds treat you well
Always,
Marked :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds