Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 9 months ago #23302 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

UraharaZR wrote:

Anyone here ever tried helva/alva/halva?
If you have not,you dont know what you're missing.This stuff makes your teeth melt :laugh:

Never even heard of it. :blink: What is it?

Here's the wiki link , I wouldn't know how to explain it myself. :silly:

I think I tried halva a long time ago, but can't really remember...

Is it hard or chewy/soft?

I've had a soft chewy version before (which costs a ton here) and is sort of like nougat. It was Italian I think..I've also tried a hard version, which was Chinese. :) Mm..Both tasted good from what I can recall.

I was given a very fattening chocolate-orange cupcake from my new law teacher today (she gave everyone in the class one as it was the last law lesson of this academic year)..My mother's also gone and bought tons of those..Erm..Biscuit roll type of things? They look like cigars but are made from biscuit. :woohoo: We have no other food in the house, so I'm quite annoyed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23324 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Is it hard or chewy/soft?

It can be both, it depends on the ingredients. The 'hard' type isn't really rock hard or something, but you can crumble it while the 'soft' version is something like gum...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23326 by UraharaZR
Replied by UraharaZR on topic Re:Sweets
I first tried it when i was 5-6 years old...and it was like poison for me :S

Then i tried it again when i was 22 and now with 25 i can say that 30% of my belly fat comes from it :laugh:
Dammit,now i must go to a store to buy some :)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by UraharaZR.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23327 by Envy
UraharaZR wrote:

I first tried it when i was 5-6 years old...and it was like poison for me :S

Argh..That reminds me. My brother choked on a sweet when he was very young. He's always been a greedy kid. My mother literally tipped him upside down to get it out. :blink: It worked anyway..

I had a few Haribos today. ^.^ A friend of mine got them as a prize for 100% attendance and decided to share them. He shared out custard creams too - But he always does that, haha, because he loves custard creams and buys massive packs every morning (which are finished by the end of each day). :P

So jealous at how some people can stay skinny.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23335 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Don't worry... if you still know this guy when you're all mid-30s or so, you'll see how his metabolism has started to let him down!

More
13 years 9 months ago #23344 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

Don't worry... if you still know this guy when you're all mid-30s or so, you'll see how his metabolism has started to let him down!

:P Hah, if he keeps me on Facebook, I'll check back in a few years time.

I finally gave in to a scoop of chocolate cake..I refused to eat a whole slice so I just grabbed a spoon and took a bit off the chocolate log my mother bought.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds