Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 10 months ago #22760 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
D. Tremors wrote:

And yes, I hope Kraft don't kill off Cadbury~ because that would be the end of Dairy Milk! T.T

I know..I suspect they've ripped off the Cadbury recipe and are selling it as their own under a different name. *Eyes the Milka bars* :huh: Reckon it's possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22765 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

D. Tremors wrote:

And yes, I hope Kraft don't kill off Cadbury~ because that would be the end of Dairy Milk! T.T

I know..I suspect they've ripped off the Cadbury recipe and are selling it as their own under a different name. *Eyes the Milka bars* :huh: Reckon it's possible?

No, surely not. I think you should give yourself a nudge and go try a Milka bar. My friend who studies in the UK says Cadbury is s#$t compared to the stuff we have, and from the stuff I also hear from our British tourists when compering our food, I believe my friend about Cadbury.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22767 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

No, surely not. I think you should give yourself a nudge and go try a Milka bar. My friend who studies in the UK says Cadbury is s#$t compared to the stuff we have, and from the stuff I also hear from our British tourists when compering our food, I believe my friend about Cadbury.

Hmm..Maybe I'll try a bit..Next time I'm down the shops I'll try and find the smallest bar I can, just to taste-test. I've only seen huge bars so far.

Made a victoria spongecake. ^.^ Though I took out quite a bit of sugar because my family finds it too sweet when I follow the recipe exactly. It came out pretty nice anyway. I put in coconut, vanilla, nutmeg and things along those lines..

More
13 years 10 months ago #22769 by D. Tremors
Replied by D. Tremors on topic Re:Sweets
Are Milka bars really that good~? I don't think I'll be able to try one as so far I haven't actually seen one...

Ooh, victoria sponge~ coconut and vanilla are nice too~ your culinary skills exceed mine, I can only make white chocolate cookies and fairy cakes ^^; which are pretty tasty nonetheless~

Damn them all, I create my own perfection,
Damn them all in the face of their rejection,
Damn them all, well this dog will have its day,
My garden's full of pretty girls who couldn't stay away~

More
13 years 10 months ago #22773 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Made a victoria spongecake. ^.^ Though I took out quite a bit of sugar because my family finds it too sweet when I follow the recipe exactly. It came out pretty nice anyway. I put in coconut, vanilla, nutmeg and things along those lines..

I do the same with sugar, I find most of the recipes, especially the very old ones, to have too much sugar in them.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22783 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I do the same with sugar, I find most of the recipes, especially the very old ones, to have too much sugar in them.

Yeah, I agree with that. The first time I made a victoria sponge, it was so sugary that it hurt all of our teeth to eat it, and I'm not usually affected by sugary things in that way unless it's something sickly sweet like a Mars bar! It was something like..200g flour, 200g margarine and 200g sugar. I still follow the recipe but I cut it to 150g sugar or less and it makes quite a big difference. I avoid using butter icing as well for the filling, because that really is sickly sweet, even though it does look very nice.

I think I like cooking just to show my brother what goes into things like cakes and biscuits - I know making sweet things from scratch makes me a lot more aware of the amount of butter and sugar that goes into food, so in a way I hope that making things from scratch makes him more aware of what goes into his food and hopefully stops him from eating everything in the house.

@ D. Tremors:

A victoria sponge isn't too different from making fairy cakes I think. :P I've made muffins before and they're basically the same mixture, apart from one is placed into little paper cups and the other is split into two and placed into two cake tins or whatever you use and then sandwiched together later etc. :P

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds