Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
14 years 1 month ago #16772 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
The lemon cookies were not from Ikea, sorry to mislead. We made them.

But Ikea does have a restaurant which is very good, and CHEAP!, and a food market right by the checkouts at my store (College Park, MD). They sell everything from frozen meatballs, caviar, and salmon, to cookies, candy, and cakes. Wonderful stuff! It is all Swedish, which is fun, but some of the desserts are addictive (anyone have a princess cake recently? or Daim caramels? or Bilar candy? Yum!) The only place you can get these things in the U.S. that I know of is at Ikea.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16776 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Sweets
Oh yesssssssss I've tried the Princess cake...and my mother is addicted to those Daim caramels :D
Their salted chips aren't very good, but I guess they are forgiven since everything else I've tried there is delicious...
This thread is gradually becoming an IKEA food review/IKEA love thread

More
14 years 1 month ago #16822 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Never tried Ikea salted chips.

I've noticed that at breaks and lunchtimes..Friends of mine all whip out chocolate bars. Every day.

I don't understand how they all remain so thin when they eat so much chocolate everyday without fail..

More
14 years 1 month ago #16824 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Never tried Ikea salted chips.

I've noticed that at breaks and lunchtimes..Friends of mine all whip out chocolate bars. Every day.

I don't understand how they all remain so thin when they eat so much chocolate everyday without fail..

Chocolate isn't bad in itself, it can even be good for you. But everything is only good in some measures. You have to think about the metabolism of your friends and how much sport they do etc.
My sister can stuff herself with sweets, fries, burgers and all kinds of junk food and she won't gain a pound, she'll only get acne.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16879 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
black_magnolia wrote:

Chocolate isn't bad in itself, it can even be good for you. But everything is only good in some measures. You have to think about the metabolism of your friends and how much sport they do etc.
My sister can stuff herself with sweets, fries, burgers and all kinds of junk food and she won't gain a pound, she'll only get acne.

Ah..I guess I don't get acne anyway..I'm nearly 18 and I've only ever had..Probably a maximum of 7 visibly large spots overall in my teen life so far. I never seem to get tons..Just the odd *one*..Which is annoying because it stands out a lot more than if I had a face full of spots.

The friends I have must have incredible metabolisms..Because one of them who has chocolate bars every break and lunch can't do much physical exercise because she has back problems..And I know she doesn't do much travelling per day apart from walking to/around college and sometimes to the shops or something..

My mother keeps bringing out small, chocolate easter eggs out of nowhere. I feel fat if I eat more than one, so I've resorted to stashing them in a secret location in the kitchen. :S

More
14 years 1 month ago #16934 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
I never had acne until I was in my 30's. Strange, but I guess everything is hormonal, since my diet is much healthier now that I am older, but that's when my skin started aging, I guess, and that threw something off somewhere.

I bought Chocolate Eclair ice creams the other day, and have still resisted. But started in on some Chunky Monkey, even though I am not feeling well. Couldn't help it, even though ice cream isn't recommended as a treatment for head colds!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds