× All things Gothic.

Gothing through the seasons

More
9 years 9 months ago #10750 by black_magnolia
I don't have such a hard time dressing goth because here in Croatia it doesn't get so cold like in Canada. My coats have a warm thick lining and my winter clothes are made of a mix of wool and polyamid or other warm fabrics. If I wear cotton (not very suitable for winter as it's quite cold) trousers I have warm tights under and that usually does the trick. Boots and thick wool socks keep my feet warm.
I find it easier to dress goth in the cold season because I literally melt in the summer sun. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #10754 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Gothing through the seasons
I feel for you, cemwerewolf! It's only about minus 12 or so here, albeit very windy... your Prairie deep-freezes are pretty much unheard of in the Maritimes, but I do sympathize.

I don't really dress like your \"typical\" goth, but I do find the cold weather (but not too cold!) is much easier on my make-up, as it tends to melt somewhat in the summer. I would think layers would be your best friend at this time of year, especially rich heavy fabrics like velvet.

More
9 years 9 months ago #10761 by SkieShauphen
I don't know. It's hitting 0 degrees around here and I'm never without my trusty trench coats.

Meaning comes from within.

More
9 years 8 months ago #10796 by Thurysaz
To keep warm during the winter months nothing like a good old sweat Alchemy on top + 1 T-shirt long sleeves himself over a T-shirt short sleeve...
And black military pants with a leotard underneath to keep warm.
For the jacket, a black bomber Schott are great!

Of course is primarily a practical look to keep hot ... Nothing prevents you from having fishnets underneath it all!

Mes hommages.

T.

More
9 years 8 months ago #10806 by scootiebee
I either take the military look, in my Army Surplus clothing (I like military cargo pants, very comfortable, and quite warm with tights or leggings under). I also wear layers, and my corsets keep my stomach from getting too cold. I have a lot of warm coats, too, and most of them are goth-y looking. I also wear a lot of scarves (I crochet, so I can make them look however I want to), and warm hats (not particularly goth-y, but black, at least my head won't freeze).

Or, I wear very long, layered skirts with leggings under. The layers keep the warm in, and my ankle-length trench coat with red wool lining (my vampire coat) keeps the wind off and the warm in. Granted it never hits -40 here, but it hasn't been above freezing for several days. We are expecting up to 15\" of snow tonight. I have my snow gear ready to go sledding tomorrow! Totally non-goth, I look like a giant black marshmallow, but I also look like I am having fun while going at top speed down the hill on my sled!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
9 years 8 months ago #10808 by Thurysaz
Beware of Scootiebee the sled queen!

:laugh:

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 3.477 seconds