Show Navigation Menu
Media

Anne Rice

More
14 years 2 months ago #13632 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Anne Rice
I like Anne Rice's writing style, and also her take on vampires. They're more or less \"traditional\" in that they can't bear the light of day and live upon blood, etc., but they're not the frightening ghouls of the old legends.

I agree that some of her books can be a bit draggy in places, but there aren't any that I would say I hated (Christ the Lord was the worst, but I didn't expect much from that to begin with). And since Interview was published in 1976, we know she's not just jumping on the Twilight bandwagon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13633 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Anne Rice
I enjoyed the first three books of vampire chronicles, by her (Interview, Lestat, and Queen of the damned) and if you are going to read them read them in that order, it is mandatory :D
Also I like the way her characters, have a sense of pride, sensitivity and cruelty all combined :D simply adorable :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #13644 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Anne Rice
I've only read \"Interview with a Vampire\" and I hated!

Louis, The vampire slowest brain in the history of vampirism! It takes centuries to understand what a child understands teenage ...

And his relationship with Claudia is outright apology for pedophilia!

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13648 by millkins
well, I must admit, he is slow :woohoo: but Louie is just a small part :side:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #13661 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Anne Rice
Bonsoir sister Millkins,

Louis is a small part??? :ohmy:

the \"hero\" you mean...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13673 by millkins
Small part if you look at all three books I meant :D The first one is just the begining. :silly:

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds