Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 3 months ago #37050 by Morgana
firensia wrote:

Ladyhawke wrote:

What I'm starting to do now is read the entire Vampire Choroicles by Anne Rice. (The Vampire Lestat, Interview with a Vampire, The Queen of the Damned, The Vampire Armand) Anybody read those yet?

Yep. I've read all except for Pandora and The Vampire Armand. The Vampire Chronicles are probably my favorite book series. They're amazing! You definitely won't regret reading them. My favorites are The Vampire Lestat, Tale Of The Body Thief and Vittorio The Vampire. :)

I second that. I've read pretty much everything Anne Rice has written, and, with the exception of her \"Jesus\" books, I really like her work. The Mayfair Witches are a good series as well (The Witching Hour, Lasher, Taltos).

I find that it helps a bit to read her books in order, but you certainly don't have to. She provides enough detail in each one so that you can pick up the overall thread, but if you're not going to read it again, it might be best to start at the beginning.

I'm reading A Christmas Carol at the moment. I know the story of course, but I've never actually read the book before. My favourite movie adaptation is the 1951 version, starring Alistair Sim, and I've noticed that quite a bit of the dialogue in that movie comes straight from the book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37063 by firensia
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

I got this book as a Christmas present. I'm not familiar with any of the author's work. This book is about three angels sent to Earth to fight evil and restore goodness. Probably not a book that I would've bought on my own but I will definitely give it a chance.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 3 months ago #37100 by snow.wulf
\"The Dictionary of Demons: The Names of the Damned\" by Michelle Belanger.

It's a very informative book that lists the names and attributes of 100's of demons as well as the stories behind many of their origins.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37215 by DaTenshi
I am reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice :kiss: ... actually is more of rereading it coz I got my hands on the hard cover knopf edition of it <3 so happy <3

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #37222 by snow.wulf
DaTenshi wrote:

I am reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice :kiss: ... actually is more of rereading it coz I got my hands on the hard cover knopf edition of it <3 so happy <3

I just watched the movie yesterday, Tom Cruise and Brad Pit are uber-smexy in it!

I'm currently reading \"Batman: The Dark Knight - Golden Dawn\"

Just came out on the 10th! Very cool book!
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by snow.wulf.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37224 by firensia
DaTenshi wrote:

Same here. :) I'm rereading it for the third time. It never gets old. After that, I'll continue on with the series and reread all the other books as well. Anne Rice is truly a literary legend. I love her work.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds