Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22168 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

A small dilemma I have with what I'm currently reading - As I'm reading 'Othello' for academic purposes, my teacher always tries to make us take notes inside our books. I hate writing inside a book because it just stops the book from being in 'mint' condition and it looks messy, plus my copy of 'Othello' is part of a collection of books so I wouldn't want to ruin one book that's part of a set..But I can't see any way around it which would enable me to take accurate, fast notes without ruining my book.

What should I do? Buy a new copy? Just write in what I have? Write them out separately in class? (Which would take a long time as I would have to add page number references and quotes). :unsure:

What about post-its? You can have a block at your side, write down your notes, paste them on the appropriate page and then afterwards you will be able to remove them without hurting the book. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22190 by scootiebee
Post-it notes, best friend to note-takers everywhere. My girl scout handbooks are filled with post-it notes marking pages with notes about activities, and reminders for my troop. Very handy, and I don't have to ruin the books to keep myself organized.

I have read so much recently that making a list will take all day, so right now I am reading \"The Magician\" which is book 2 in the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22218 by knumpcy
Still reading this, some day I will finish it....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 10 months ago #22219 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

What about post-its? You can have a block at your side, write down your notes, paste them on the appropriate page and then afterwards you will be able to remove them without hurting the book. :)

Yes! Post-its! *Facepalm* Why did I not think of that before! I have a mass of them right next to me and feel rather stupid now. :woohoo:

Thanks for the tip! :) *Glee*

More
13 years 10 months ago #22227 by black_magnolia
knumpcy wrote:

Which book is that? The image is rather small so I can't read the title. Marilyn Manson's biography?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22235 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

knumpcy wrote:

Which book is that? The image is rather small so I can't read the title. Marilyn Manson's biography?

I couldn't make it out either, so I checked Amazon.com. It's called The Long Hard Roak Out of Hell, and yes it is Marilyn Manson's biography.

knumpcy, you'll have to let us know your opinion of it. He's always very interesting to listen to in interviews, so I would imagine the book would be a pretty good read.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds