Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
12 years 8 months ago #34562 by firensia
From England (Norfolk) to Canada. Usually shipping from the UK can be quite pricey as the pound is so much higher than the Canadian dollar. The cheapest I'd found anywhere else was 6.50 GBP which would have worked out to just over 10 dollars. Here, I only had to pay 2 GBP shipping. A really good deal. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34563 by Envy
firensia wrote:

From England (Norfolk) to Canada. Usually shipping from the UK can be quite pricey as the pound is so much higher than the Canadian dollar. The cheapest I'd found anywhere else was 6.50 GBP which would have worked out to just over 10 dollars. Here, I only had to pay 2 GBP shipping. A really good deal. :)

Wow! That is a real deal!

I was just curious, because I thought there were Alchemy stockists in the US which might be cheaper. :unsure:

More
12 years 8 months ago #34564 by firensia
Noooooooo. US dealers are WAY more expensive. For instance, a 15 GBP necklace from Alchemy, retails for 30 USD plus shipping at a US webshop. The actual conversion of 15 GBP is only about 24.50 USD so it's much better to buy from UK dealers.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34565 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Noooooooo. US dealers are WAY more expensive. For instance, a 15 GBP necklace from Alchemy, retails for 30 USD plus shipping at a US webshop. The actual conversion of 15 GBP is only about 24.50 USD so it's much better to buy from UK dealers.

:ohmy: Wow..I had no idea.

Wonder why it's so expensive over there..

Though I guess if they don't actually produce pieces over there and have to ship from here in the UK to begin with, that'd explain things..:unsure: But then I'd wonder why US online stores would bother stocking, when it's so easy to compare prices online and shipping from the UK comes out cheaper.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34566 by firensia
I suppose it comes down to convenience. I guess it would take longer to receive something from the UK than from within the States so maybe people don't mind paying extra and getting their things sooner. Nothing beats some of the prices I've seen on eBay though. One seller is trying to get 184 USD plus shipping for an Alchemy necklace that sells for 30 GBP. Absolutely outrageous! :blink:

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34569 by black_magnolia
Oh, I love that La Nuit pendant! :kiss: I thought about buying it myself, but I decided rather to save my money for the 'La Danse de la Nuit' necklace which has more bats but also includes the La Nuit pendant-design... :silly:

I'm also always shocked by all those non-UK Alchemy sellers who have outrageous prices! I see the same expensive \"trend\" also in the Euro department... I know the prices in my local shop (when they stocked Alchemy) were like the prices in the UK, just converted into Croatian kuna.

I assume when they are buying in bulk, they have higher shipping costs and they surely encounter some import duties, but still I'd say that the prices are mostly due to simple greediness.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds