Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25838 by Kuroboshi
Thursayz, can you please take your petty squabbles to private messaging? I'd imagine quite a few users, myself included, are tired of hearing about you taking every damn thing personally and it makes you come across as a point-whore.

Frankly Magnolia had a point, you added nothing to the topic at hand by simply posting \"a lot\" which in itself would offend those who are poorer more than naming the purchases, it is almost as if you are saying it doesn't matter and they need not be named., and I am sure that some of those in this forum itself will likely be offended at your claim that they might be offended that someone can afford more than they can.

A few us of are genuinely interested in what other members of this forum actually like in the way of AG products. This thread is a good way to show an interest. Simply posting \"A lot\" simply states \"I can afford so many it doesn't even matter which I buy.\" [/rant] EDIT: Feel Magnolia is victimising you? Then take it up with an admin and they may act upon the matter accordingly.

And finally, so this post is just not an entire rant...

MITommy, if you see this, could you please say what interested you about that pendant? I myself don't quite like it (fear of spiders and that has a real spider in it) so I'm interested to know what would attract someone to that, since I am unable to see what would.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Kuroboshi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25845 by snow.wulf
Kuroboshi, I don't have the pendant, but it is on my list :) I like it because I have a fascination with spiders, and many other insects. I also have a very pretty scorpion pendant that is similar to the spider.

I think that having a real spider in your ring/pendant is very unique as it's not something you see everyday. It's definitely a discussion-starter!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...sometimes I just, for some unexplained reason, attracted to things :P

More
13 years 6 months ago #25854 by Thurysaz
@ Kuroboshi:

I was sure you would have felt under! But my little sorry you did was not. Your miserable existence has not the slightest importance to me in my life.

It is true that I could answer via PM now that the message box works .. But if I were talking and that \"attacking me\" publicly, I say and I defended myself publicly. It is only logical.

You insulted me once and I did not say nothing because you thought I'd insult you. Despite the fact that I have, repeatedly apologized… You still ... You still \"rigged\" ...
I know that when we were your age wants to \"play it\" and defy adults. But that does not excuse much stupidity.

Now you insult me by calling me again to \"Point whore\" ? ...

I too could find yourself pretty names, but you see, I was not raised like that. I am educated me.
I can understand that you're jealous because I've won the lottery but it's sad that you're so envious. If I had five minutes to lose, I'll complain you...

Now, go answer, insults me again, because your social class and education that goes with it thee clearly not learned anything but that.

Thurysaz.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25866 by Envy
snow.wulf wrote:

Kuroboshi, I don't have the pendant, but it is on my list :) I like it because I have a fascination with spiders, and many other insects. I also have a very pretty scorpion pendant that is similar to the spider.

I think that having a real spider in your ring/pendant is very unique as it's not something you see everyday. It's definitely a discussion-starter!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...sometimes I just, for some unexplained reason, attracted to things :P

That's an interesting point.

I've often wondered whether the spiders in those pendants would be of any use to scientists in the far, far future trying to learn about things that were alive in the time we live in now.

Would the spider within that little pendant/ring withstand the test of time like a bug in resin? Would those remains even be of any use to scientists?

Or is that something that just can't be answered for the now..

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25873 by Kuroboshi
Well to think Magnolia was leading a direct attack upon you, I must say that your post doesn't really surprise me. In her original post, Magnolia was simply requesting that you post what you had purchased, rather than just state \"a lot\". She then went on to state that she would normally delete messages such as that. If anything, it was a warning to other people too who may not know what is allowed and what is frowned upon.

Firstly, I said it makes you appear like a point-whore, not that you were one. Please, read the entire context rather than pick out part to try use against me. Indeed, upon a public means such as this, it is a futile endeavour as anyone can simply look back at my post and see my exact wording. I'd thank you not to twist my words to your means.

Secondly, you have apologised to us all what? Once? Then you go around and insult, or at least unknowingly attempt to (which shows ignorance to what your words may mean). I could also feign ignorance to that apology, as I did not reply on that thread, yet I am not petty and Magnolia herself can state that I've read it. I'd like to know in which way I am \"rigged\". If you mean I am biased towards defending Magnolia, I am not, I have argued with her through PM on points in the past, so by no means am I going to jump at any chance to defend her. If I have an issue with a user, I'll take it through PM rather than make us both appear foolish in public. Though with you, I get the feelings PMs would be ignored (indeed, I requested you take any issues with me to PM, rather than public in my last PM to you, so my assumption has some basis) so therefore I am more obliged to post publically when dealing with you.

Furthermore, I would be jealous of what? You winning money through a means that is nothing more than luck and requires no luck whatsoever? I've been able to enter the lottery for almost 3 years now and I have only done so once. Frankly, I pity you for coming into money in a way that requires no work or effort.

Also, if I may state, you have directly insulted myself in that post not once, but several times, yet state \"I too could find yourself pretty names, but you see, I was not raised like that.\" meaning that you were raised not to insult people. Here is a list of your list of insults with expanded meanings to help others understand where I am coming from:

\"that does not excuse much stupidity.\" People, this here is where we'd say he is insinuating I am stupid, if you read a little before that, he puts it down to my age.
\"I was not raised like that.\" This is insulting because it brings into question the way my parents have raised me. I'll admit, I'm a smartass, indeed, throughout this post you may pick up on some evidence of that, though I generally try to keep it as inoffensive as possible unless I am extremely close to the person I am doing it to and know they will take it in the context of a joke.
\"insults me again, because your social class and education that goes with it\" Now notice this, he takes me to be of a lower social class than him and lower eduction. This is insulting because I have not posted anything which gives away which level of society I belong to and all I have revealed about my eduction shows that I am preparing for university in a field which I wish to enter later in life.
\"Your miserable existence has not the slightest importance to me in my life\" Friends, this is insulting as it directly implies that my existance is miserable when it is far from it. If I am right in understanding however, that is beside the point. It appears what Thurysaz meant to say was that my existance is below his. I need not explain why myself or anyone else would find that insulting.

To add into this too, I am assuming you are referring to the Blu-Ray thread which anyone can go back and see when you mention that I insulted you once and you said nothing because you thought I insulted you? Or do you refer to the PM I sent before and stated within it that I'd be willing to show to anyone? Indeed, I heartily encourage people to go and read the thread I mentioned, and if enough users wish, I shall post the PM. Which itself leads to a now deleted thread.

Lastly, to one such as yourself this may come across as offensive but in general people do not so I am going to bring it up, could you please verify what you mean by the following phrases? I find your English hard to understand at times.

\"I am educated me\"
\"I'll complain you\"
and
\"thee clearly not learned anything but that\" (Funfact: Thee used to mean \"You\" in old English that isn't used now, such as in \"I shall accompany thee.\"

To add a few more things, if I wished so, I could easily become what is known as a Grammar Nazi towards Thurysaz- it would mean correcting every little mistake he makes and is actually insulting when it is done in-depth. However, I am avoiding this as I do not wish to be seen in such a way, especially on a forum with mature, English speakers who know that people will make mistakes if it is not their first language. Also, upon reflection, I may have before, left evidence with which I could be found if someone here was foolish enough to resort to a crime such as stalking, I did not think of it at time time, nor will I give any hints as to what it is and I believe we are all mature enough not to do that anyway. Indeed, even uploading a picture of yourself and some basic information is enough for anyone determined enough to find you.

Now, on another side and another user...

That's a pretty interesting reason Snow, never thought of that really. I suppose it being more unique (I doubt you could find many people who would want to wear what was once a living spider around their neck) should have been an obvious factor in it. Most likely my fear of spiders prevents me from seeing the obvious about it. (My first instinct at larger spiders is simply to get away as quickly as possible.)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25875 by snow.wulf
I just got myself a Lamentian Ring :) I had one before, but I bought it for a discounted price because it was damaged (A big chip in the black stone). It finally bugged me enough that I decided to buy a new one.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds