Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25074 by StephenG
Thanks MORGANA: sometimes it pays to live around beaches
B)

MAGNOLIA & ENVY: you fine young ladies touched on a good pointe: I didn't want to paint over the shell: leaving it the true colour of the shell gives it a more au naturel look dontcha think??
But , here's the rub, the only reason i used gold was it was the closest colour i had on hand & i wanted to cover the grey of the epoxy i used to fill in/attach the shell to the head...

so i'm left with two options: paint over the WHOLE \"horn\" in gold ...OR try to find a paint sorta of a natural shell /horn /beige colur.... opinions please???
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by StephenG. Reason: typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25081 by black_magnolia
Hmmm... Tricky situation. If you ask me, I'd even leave it like that. :silly: This way everyone will believe it's a shell if they look really closely, and I'd be proud of that fact! :) The bit of gold just gives it a nice touch. Painting it completely gold would be a bit too much shiny gold in my opinion, this way the horse part is more in focus. Well, I don't know how it looks in real, so the final call is on you. I vote for a natural look. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25091 by Envy
:woohoo: Being the pessimist and obsessive-compulsive person that I am, personally, if it was me? I would paint the whole horn gold now. Just because things being irregular/uneven bothers me and now that I've noticed it, I can't help but focus on it.

Besides - I guess..When I look at that figurine, I get the impression that the horn is a symbol of power, hence why it should be shiny gold in all its glory. I wouldn't want to take that away from the poor figurine...

..I've always had a weird mind regarding inanimate objects.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25103 by Morgana
The bit of gold paint on the horn seems to match pretty closely with the gold in the ribbons (or whatever it is) around the neck. So it would probably look pretty good if you painted the whole thing. It was definitely a good idea to cover up the gray epoxy though, no matter what else you decide to do.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Morgana.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25115 by Envy
^.^ I bought the 'Danse Macabre' poster. Would've preferred a flag, but seeing as they don't exist (to my knowledge) and it was going for a couple of pounds brand new on eBay as a poster, I thought: why not?

It's so pretty..Arrived today.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25516 by snow.wulf
My most recent purchases, all made within the past week, are the Chaosium Arrows of Chaos pendant, the Temeritas Wings medal, the Distinguished Goth Cross medal, the Cataclysmic Order of Nihilism medal, the Shadow of Death ring, and the GMT Gender Gauge ring.

I can't wait for them to arrive :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds