Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
13 years 11 months ago #21361 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

The pendant is about 8cm across and about 13cm from the highest point of the pendant vertically to the top of the longest crystal dropper thing. :P The length of the longest crystal dropper is about 7.5cm, so it is actually quite a small piece.

^.^ I love it.

Thanks for the info! It's so hard to tell on screen... I wish Alchemy used models in their photos. I've seen some pieces on the site that I really liked, but then once I saw them in my local shop, I realized they're too heavy-looking for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21365 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

The pendant is about 8cm across and about 13cm from the highest point of the pendant vertically to the top of the longest crystal dropper thing. :P The length of the longest crystal dropper is about 7.5cm, so it is actually quite a small piece.

^.^ I love it.

Thanks for the info! It's so hard to tell on screen... I wish Alchemy used models in their photos. I've seen some pieces on the site that I really liked, but then once I saw them in my local shop, I realized they're too heavy-looking for me.

Yes, I feel the same way!

I decided regardless of size, I wanted this one, and I don't regret it at all. ^.^ It's perfect for all my formal affairs.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21402 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

^.^ I love it.

Yes, I feel the same way!

I decided regardless of size, I wanted this one, and I don't regret it at all. ^.^ It's perfect for all my formal affairs.

I have also seen a lot of nice things from Alchemy in the catalogue and then in real life I saw they were huge, so I didn't buy them. Now I regret I didn't buy those items, because I saw other people wearing them on photos and it didn't look bad at all. I didn't even try them on because I thought they would look odd on me. :( I don't have a problem with the items being to big because of the weight but because of the proportions... Ah, I should better not think about how those items are now discontinued or I will get even more sad and angry with myself...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21411 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I have also seen a lot of nice things from Alchemy in the catalogue and then in real life I saw they were huge, so I didn't buy them. Now I regret I didn't buy those items, because I saw other people wearing them on photos and it didn't look bad at all. I didn't even try them on because I thought they would look odd on me. :( I don't have a problem with the items being to big because of the weight but because of the proportions... Ah, I should better not think about how those items are now discontinued or I will get even more sad and angry with myself...

Oh, I feel the same way about some items I've seen, however, they haven't been discontinued as far as I'm aware. I recall seeing some pretty Alchemy things whilst in the shops in Camden..Seem to recall one was a type of detailed cross. I'd seen pictures before online, but when I saw it in real life, it just looked huge. :blink: The size startled me and I've been a bit cautious about buying Alchemy things that I've only seen online since. I think I'd still give things a try..But I have a feeling some items are just a lost cause due to my proportions.

I've seen some people make some pretty creative things from Alchemy jewellery anyway..Some people turn them into keyrings or incorporate things into headwear etc..That could be an option if there was something you really wanted and liked the looks of, but didn't think it would look right as a pendant etc.

Annoyingly, because of my proportions, a lot of the standard chain lengths that come with Alchemy pendants are too long for me anyway. It becomes a pain having to adjust the fastenings all the time..I have to currently fasten my 'Bleeding Heart' pendant halfway down the length of the other chain in order for it to fit me properly.

My 'Eden' pendant has a chain with no fastening at all! If I wear it, the damn pendant is down near my tummy button! I haven't found a way to fix that yet, but I have thought about incorporating it into a circlet or some kind of headwear..

More
13 years 11 months ago #21428 by black_magnolia
I have a bit of an opposite problem with the chains, I find them too short. I like to wear my Alchemy necklaces with blouses and when I put the chain under the collar, the pendant ends up right up at the first button, making it almost like a chocker whereas I'd rather have it a bit lower. I don't have a problem with the length when the necklace sits right on my naked skin.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21545 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't have a problem with the items being to big because of the weight but because of the proportions...

That's what I meant as well... my bone structure is very delicate, and something that's really big and heavy looking just looks very odd on me.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds