Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #15607 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
Eeek he's so cute!

My mother used to have tons of cats and dogs when she was little..She often tells us of how kittens would bite into her palms and be near-impossible to get off.

I've never been bitten by anything sooo..I'd want a less-playful cat. My piano teacher's cats always were very nice-natured, even at the kitten stage. Not sure how he does it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15621 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Pets
Friends of mine have 2 cats, litter-mates, that are about 10 years old. And they're still waiting for them to settle down!

My mom had a male cat who had been neutered as a young kitten, but he still pretended to spray. He'd back up to furniture, etc., and wiggle his tail as though he was going to spray, but luckily he never did. And cats who have had their toes amputated (also called de-clawing) will still try to scratch at things. I guess some things are just instinct...

More
14 years 2 months ago #15633 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
I had a persian cat as a kid, who we adopted after his previous owner moved to France and couldn't take him with them. This cat was mental. He had been de-clawed, and since then I have never tortured another cat with this procedure. I think it hurt his brain somehow. He was constantly trying to scratch the furniture, but I don't think it was very satisfying for him. I have certain things that the cat is allowed to scratch (a scratching post, and a wooden wine rack that was very cheap and ugly to start with). It is a healthy behavior for them, marking their territory this way. The cat, Ernie (because he looked like the muppet from Sesame Street), had some strange behaviors, like licking the paint off the walls, and he died from eating laundry detergent. Strange, but true.

But Morgan is just over a year old, almost a year and a half, and he hasn't calmed down much, either. This was him tonight in the kitchen:

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Attachments:

• Athenian
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #15644 by Athenian
Replied by Athenian on topic Re:Pets
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Athenian.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15649 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re:Pets
I have a 10 years old Welsh Corgi :)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #15651 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

I have a 10 years old Welsh Corgi :)

Corgis are sooo cute!!! :) The only small dogs I really like and would even like to have myself. The other small breeds somehow remind me too much of annoying toys on batteries -> I don't mean any offence to other small-dog-breed-owners, but when I meet a spoiled, fat, barely able to walk by itself Maltese, Westy, Mini Puddle, Pekingese etc. - I get a headache. Give me an Irish Wolfhound any day!!! :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds