Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #15521 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Pets
Looks like my Shade feels the same way. Or perhaps he's just so tuckered out from chasing the laser pointer . . .

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15535 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Pets
AWWWWW SOOO CUTE. we just had to give away two of our cats. they were always running outside and we live in a apartment and the land lord doesn't want cats to go out. also one of them kept spraying things

More
14 years 2 months ago #15548 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
If you have your cat \"fixed\" before they are 6 months old, they should never spray. It is a territorial marking that only adult male cats do, if they haven't been neutered. If you wait until after they start spraying, it is too late, and sometimes they never give the behavior up.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15567 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

Looks like my Shade feels the same way. Or perhaps he's just so tuckered out from chasing the laser pointer . . .

Eep! So cute!

I'm a bit wary of cats that like to chase things etc..My hand often ends up being mauled. Apparently you can tell a kitten's nature from a very young age? I.e. whether they're the type to go chasing and killing things or whether they're the quieter type..

Knowing me, I'd end up choosing the runt of the litter, just because I'm short and small too. :woohoo:

More
14 years 2 months ago #15593 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
All cats eventually mellow out, but until they are a year or 2 old, they can be really crazy. Just pick one you like. you will probably pick one that you will get along with well, and give it time, eventually the kitten will learn the rules you set for it, and will behave to your liking.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15603 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Pets
I think it must be at 2 years that they mellow out because Shade is still a little terror and he's a little over a year. It seems he was the runt of his litter (probably why he was abandoned) since he's pretty much full grown and is only a little over 5 pounds. He's a lot smaller then other silver tabbys I know. But he makes up for his size with big attitude! :laugh:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds