Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #15363 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

You mean you want two. Keeping just one is not good as they need to be kept at least in pairs so that they don't go depressed, loony etc.

:P Ah of course. Just like birds and most other pets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15399 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
Have you ever touched a chinchilla? They are about the softest thing on earth. And they take dust baths to keep their fur clean. You have to have a bowl of special dust in their cage for them to roll in to keep their fur clean. Strange. But they are unbelievably nice to touch!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15410 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
scootiebee wrote:

Have you ever touched a chinchilla? They are about the softest thing on earth. And they take dust baths to keep their fur clean. You have to have a bowl of special dust in their cage for them to roll in to keep their fur clean. Strange. But they are unbelievably nice to touch!

You can easily get chinchilla sand in every pet shop. My gerbils also loved to take sand baths, so I would buy them chinchilla sand, it's a fine sand like you can find in a sandy desert. You have to clean it regularly as after the bath they like to use it as a toilet. at least my gerbils did. I gave them away when I went to university as I couldn't take them with me and at home nobody was really happy to care for them... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15414 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

You can easily get chinchilla sand in every pet shop. My gerbils also loved to take sand baths, so I would buy them chinchilla sand, it's a fine sand like you can find in a sandy desert. You have to clean it regularly as after the bath they like to use it as a toilet. at least my gerbils did. I gave them away when I went to university as I couldn't take them with me and at home nobody was really happy to care for them... :(

Eep..I never really thought about the implications of university on pets..I'll be leaving for uni next year and then I'd have to worry about my budgie, who's aggressive with everyone else but me.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15437 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
We are now really trying to find a home for Kitty, the cat that showed up at our house on Christmas. But here is a picture of how bored my cat Morgan was today.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #15448 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

We are now really trying to find a home for Kitty, the cat that showed up at our house on Christmas. But here is a picture of how bored my cat Morgan was today.

Haha! :P So cute! My cousin's rabbit used to roll around into weird positions as well. She was incredibly fast..Always had to watch where you were sitting and walking when she was having a wander around the house..She was a black rabbit as well, which made it harder to see her at times.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds