Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #15755 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Pets
I'd hate it to have a pets ruin my home, or anything that I own, but that's because I need order. I'd still have pets, which I will have in the future, and I believe I could de-claw them but only if things really got bad and they just never learned. The cats I want tho are real nice, and my moms friend, who has several of those cats, still have very nice furniture, so I believe it will work out good anyway.
Just gotta get them one of those little buildnings where they can hide, and claw and all that...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15760 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
De-clawing sounds horrible!

But mind you, lots of snakes get de-fanged..A friend of mine who keeps snakes chose not to, and often comes into college with snakebite marks all over his hands. :huh:

More
14 years 2 months ago #15772 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
De-fanged snakes? I have had pet snakes, but never poisonous snakes. De-fanging a poisonous snake eventually leads to its death. They can't properly digest food if you remove the venom glands, and they eventually starve to death. Non-venomous snakes don't even have fangs, just really sharp pointy teeth.

And my cat doesn't claw the sofa, or the rugs, or the curtains, or anything else he isn't supposed to or allowed to claw. I have several things for him only to claw. He has a little cat house covered in carpeting that has a scratching post, and a platform at the level of my windowsill that he can sit on and look out the window too.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15782 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

De-fanged snakes? I have had pet snakes, but never poisonous snakes. De-fanging a poisonous snake eventually leads to its death. They can't properly digest food if you remove the venom glands, and they eventually starve to death. Non-venomous snakes don't even have fangs, just really sharp pointy teeth.

Ooh I never knew that. Lots of my friends have reptiles etc..I'm quite jealous. :P I used to keep frogs when I was very little and I always had an interest in unusual pets..I recall wanting an axolotl..As they sold them in the local 'garden centre' in the aquatics area. They're such unusual things. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #15802 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
I didn't know you could get an axolotl as a pet! That would be interesting. The card shop near our house sells pairs of frogs in little cube tanks, and Lucy saved her allowance money up and bought some. They are very cute. She named them Mario and Luigi. And we have a Greek Tortoise named Jimmy. We used to have snakes, but one escaped and one died. Oh, well.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by scootiebee.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15828 by Envy
Know what I would love as a pet? A domesticated silver fox..There was a program in Russia to domesticate them..Anyone watch a documentary on it?

After lots of generations of breeding the more mild foxes, they developed 'mutations', e.g. some developed pure white fur, some developed domestic dog-type markings, which is a theory in how we ended up with so many breeds of dog.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds