Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #15688 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

Thank you Envy, as you can see it works now :)

This is my dog - in his chair where he can keep an eye on us all......

He's soooo cute! :)

I'd love to get a dog from the rescue centre, saw a 1 year old female husky there, but my mom said it's better that I wait till I finish uni as it wouldn't be fair to the dog with me absent so much... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15703 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

Thank you Envy, as you can see it works now :)

This is my dog - in his chair where he can keep an eye on us all......

Aww he's so cute!

My auntie has two neapolitan mastiffs which are larger than her sofas..One of them shares her double bed, haha. He's huuge..

I have a friend whose mother works at an animal rescue centre..She's got tons of pets now. Kittens running all over her house, 2-3 dogs and a parrot.

If only they were mine!

More
14 years 2 months ago #15712 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Pets
scootiebee wrote:

This cat was mental. He had been de-clawed, and since then I have never tortured another cat with this procedure. I think it hurt his brain somehow. He was constantly trying to scratch the furniture, but I don't think it was very satisfying for him.

Yes, I think you're absolutely right! My sister-in-law has de-clawed cats, and one of them in particular was a bit strange. And they all walk a bit funny too.

I just don't understand why people would do this, as it's so cruel. If you like your furniture so much, then don't have pets!

More
14 years 2 months ago #15720 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
Wait. They de-claw cats just so they don't ruin the furniture? I thought this was only done if there was a real medical reason for this... We don't have such a practice here in Croatia. I don't know anybody that got his cat de-clawed. I don't know what's worse, de-clawing cats or cutting dogs ears and tails...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15729 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Wait. They de-claw cats just so they don't ruin the furniture? I thought this was only done if there was a real medical reason for this... We don't have such a practice here in Croatia. I don't know anybody that got his cat de-clawed. I don't know what's worse, de-clawing cats or cutting dogs ears and tails...

It is the same sort of thing. They don't just remove the claws, they remove the tip of each toe, including the bone inside. It is like cutting all your fingers and toes off at the first knuckle. It paralyzes the cat, and is cruel in my opinion. And yes, the only reason people de-claw their cats is to protect their furniture. I think sometimes it may be done to an aggressive cat with a history of scratching people, but that is the exception, not the rule. I think it is awful, and I have never had it done to any of my cats. What if one of them got outside? It would be defenseless! Cruel.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15740 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Pets
A friend of mine did get her cats declawed because they had a history of agressive behavior and, with her young niece and nephew about, after some close claws she worried that someone would really get hurt. Before that, to keep them from scratching the furniture, she used plastic claw covers that you glued onto their claws. Unfortunately her boys figured out how to get them off after awhile . . .

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds