Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
9 years 11 months ago #39854 by SkieShauphen
I think you should certainly start with something small, like your musical note on the wrist. See how you feel about it for a while before you move on to bigger inks.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #39857 by black_magnolia
I agree with Skie here. Getting a small one is good for a number of reasons: you want to test if you'll have an allergic reaction to the ink and how you can handle the pain. Every tattoo hurts and every person has a different pain threshold. Also, something small can be covered up (or removed with laser) far easier in the future if you don't like it, then a big tattoo.

I'm usually not a fan of white ink tattoos, but I figure they are worth a mention here. One of the main problems with them is that they will fade with time because the white ink doesn't hold that good, so if you don't want something permanent or very visible, you could get a white one.
Most tattoo artist won't do them because of all the problems with them, but some will, you'll just have to find the right artist. And do more research on white tattoos, they can turn out looking really good, but also really bad, there is no guarantee; if exposed to too much sunlight they can turn yellow; the list of pro's and con's is endless...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
9 years 11 months ago #39861 by SkieShauphen
Yes, Magnolia speaks the truth.\\
Personally, I've been interested in Black Light Reactive tattoos and scarification. Anyone else have these interests?

More
9 years 11 months ago #39863 by black_magnolia
oh, I've interested in all kinds of body-modification! Such a fascinating and wast subject. :)
I sure wouldn't get most of them done, but I admire the people who do.

Regarding black light reactive ink - I've seen some great tattoo examples, but I personally wouldn't dare get one because I'm too concerned about the safety of the ink; not that I'm really tempted to get one in the first place either.
I'm extremely rarely at any kind of club, so me being exposed to black light is almost never, therefore I don't really see a use of it. I couldn't really enjoy the effects myself and I sure wouldn't get a black light installed at home. :woohoo:

On top of it all, my opinion about my tattoos is that they are something that I did/do for myself and which are firstly there for my own enjoyment. I don't like showing them off (don't really have a problem if I'm asked nicely), same way I don't like showing off a lot of skin. Just a personal preference.
I love seeing other people's artwork on their skin, and am glad there are people who like to show off their artwork. Hey, I can't help myself, I like admiring art. :)

I've been thinking about doing scarification, but I've talked with my piercer about her experience, and I changed my mind. Sure, the design can look awesome freshly cut, but you don't know how it will heal and look in the end.
Your best bet is to get it on a place of your body that doesn't move/strech so much.
My piercer has scarification on her lover arm, and she complained that because of the way you use your arms, the skin stretches constantly, so the lines of her scars didn't heal up evenly.
Scarification is quite time consuming to get a nice result, having all the aftercare in mind.
And it really doesn't look pretty while it heals. My piercer also had her skin pealed away in a star-form, and I remember how ugly that looked while it was healing. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
9 years 11 months ago #39865 by SkieShauphen
I can see your reasoning. I'm rarely under any black lights as well. Mostly, I'm interested in touching up previous tattoos with black light ink just for the occasional visit to the club. I've heard that the ink has to be replaced often because it fades quickly and the best application I can find for it is, for example; to give glowing eyes to your back dragon design or to outline stars or create a 'glitter' effect. I don't think this 'glowing' ink is meant for full tattoos but the idea of having a tattoo that can only be seen under the light and not anywhere else could be applicable for those of us who have more formal or corporate lifestyles that do not allow for body modification.

As for scarification, the appearance of the scar while healing wouldn't bother me at all, but having the scar heal incorrectly would be a permanent issue that I've no desire to live with. Although, my interest in scarification is mostly to decorate previous scars I've obtained through accidental injuries. They are bold, horrid, and in no way attempt to resemble anything I consider beautiful. Now, if I could find a talented 'peeler' I would hope they could help me touch up these accidental scars with intentional ones, obviously ones that I'd prefer to wear.

More
9 years 11 months ago #39870 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Scarification is something I've been considering. What to have done is a different story - I'm still thinking about it. The place I got my first tattoo done is the only licenced scarification joint in my state and the boys and girls who work there are all lovely. Not to mention the fact that their surgery is so clean you have to wear sunglasses inside. :P There are some really dodgy places around here sadly enough.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds