Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
13 years 4 months ago #28565 by scootiebee
I do know that they make clear plastic/flesh toned plugs that can be inserted to hide facial piercings while at work. They are basically flat to the skin and can be bought to match skin tone. You might want to look into that.

I really want to get a new tattoo, something of a medieval/renaissance skeleton, like the old plague drawings. I haven't had a new tattoo in over a year, and I am now lusting after more.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28569 by REAPER616
thanks for replying guys...
i know there's nothing in my contract saying i cant wear any kind of body jewellery, i also know someone in the company in another town who has a mohican and he hasen't had any problems with his bosses, you see my line managers boss is ex military and likes everything done in a military way and fashion.
i'll speak to my union rep; thanks again :)

Every body is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28573 by nwbevk
With how many people there are with piercings and tattoos these days wish more companies would lighten up on the restrictions. Though sometimes, as sounding to be the case, it comes down to personal preferance by the person immediatly in charge, who also could lighten up a bit and note the century change. Corse thats just my two cents. My sis has a hard time finding work cause of her tattoos to; has one on top of her hand between the thumb and index fingures, besides many on both arms, some can be covered by short sleeves, some not.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28584 by Envy
:P I'm a long-term planning person..One of the reasons why I've decided to keep my mind away from tattoos and piercings. Piercings wouldn't suit me..Some tattoos might (the ones I want would) but they'd be very awkward to hide, and with the job I want to go in to, I'd have to slather on makeup to cover them up every morning, which I don't really want to do!

More
13 years 4 months ago #28589 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

:P I'm a long-term planning person..One of the reasons why I've decided to keep my mind away from tattoos and piercings. Piercings wouldn't suit me..Some tattoos might (the ones I want would) but they'd be very awkward to hide, and with the job I want to go in to, I'd have to slather on makeup to cover them up every morning, which I don't really want to do!

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. :silly: The places that I want to get a tattoo wouldn't make any problems with my future job. I'm also more of a private person and don't feel the need to flash other people with my skin. :woohoo:
I'm thinking about getting a medieval style griffin on my left shoulder... I'll probably get it done as a \"treat\" when I finally get to my desired weight. I've changed some habits and already lost 5kg. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28590 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. :silly: The places that I want to get a tattoo wouldn't make any problems with my future job. I'm also more of a private person and don't feel the need to flash other people with my skin. :woohoo:
I'm thinking about getting a medieval style griffin on my left shoulder... I'll probably get it done as a \"treat\" when I finally get to my desired weight. I've changed some habits and already lost 5kg. :)

Ohh lucky! Congratulations on weight loss! I'm jealous. :P I wish I could lose weight..I can't stop gaining it because of exams.

:woohoo: I just 'treat' myself with clothes regularly, and if I don't fit in them, then that's a punishment in itself and motivation for me to stop eating so much.

I mentioned before the type of tattoos I'd want..I'd want ball-joints all over me, like a doll, but being a perfectionist I'd want joints everywhere they're meant to be, which would include knees, elbows, wrists..Very visible places, unfortunately. Probably wouldn't get my neck done, seeing as on jointed dolls, the neck joint is very rarely visible (depending on the doll, I guess), plus it'd be a nightmare to conceal.

It's just one of those 'wants' that I have to try and forget about.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds