Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
13 years 9 months ago #23170 by millkins
Oh, I am surprised that piercing is expencive in croatia, we here had a dropdown in prices a few months ago because everyone was complaining how piercing in Bosnia is less expencive and still better quality.But anyway I have always wanted my lip pierced...but that is to remain a wet dream since my immunity is so bad chances are it is gonna be infected in a matter of days, no matter how much I took care of it.

My parents pierced my earlobes when I was 1 year old, I don't remember of it and I made 3 more piercings in my earlobes in highschool with a needle (took me 10 minutes with a help of a nurse)...sooo I guess it is pretty easy and it doesn't hurt at all, it just bleeded a bit and that is that.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23210 by scootiebee
Body piercing is relatively inexpensive in the U.S. There is a shop near my house that does it for $25, including jewelry. Ears, you usually just pay for the earrings (the special new-piercing fat posted ones), and they pierce your ears for free, so you can have it done for as little as about $10. They charge more for cartilage, though.

I had Lucy's ears pierced when she \"graduated\" from preschool, at age 4, about 2 months before she turned 5. She didn't care one way or the other about earrings until recently, and now she changes them all the time, and is finally starting to become interested in \"girly\" things like dressing nicely and taking care of herself. Ahh, the pre-teen years. :S

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23220 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I had Lucy's ears pierced when she \"graduated\" from preschool, at age 4, about 2 months before she turned 5. She didn't care one way or the other about earrings until recently, and now she changes them all the time, and is finally starting to become interested in \"girly\" things like dressing nicely and taking care of herself. Ahh, the pre-teen years. :S

Look on the bright side - My brother's 12 and approaching the teen years. He's a total greaseball, showers about once per week and actually has a stink-radius of about 1m around him. No 'dressing nicely' or 'taking care' of himself there! No deodorant either, unfortunately for us! I have to personally spray him with anything I can find just to cover up the smell.

I know he's my little brother and I'm made to dislike him, but I'm damn well not exaggerating when it comes to how much he smells. My parents can't take it either. He isn't doing himself any favours by staying greasy too - I only had 5-6 noticibly visible spots in total since I was 13 and they've pretty much stopped popping up now (I'm nearly 18), but my brother? He's had a mass of spots come up due to his lack of hygiene. Be glad you have a lovely daughter, I'd have loved it if my brother came out the gender I wanted!

I think my mother might've wanted my ears pierced because she also had hers done as a child and she's always claimed you \"can't remember the pain once you've grown up\" as Black_Magnolia said. She also stopped wearing earrings for a while and the holes in her ears closed up and healed (they've left a visible patch on each of her ears). I think she probably missed wearing earrings etc. and wanted to release the whole girly part of her on me. :S I find it funny how my father had the last say on the topic of my ears being pierced though, as my mother usually gets her way. Not sure how that happened, but glad it did.

:laugh: I find the idea of normal people 'not considering pierced earlobes to be piercings' quite amusing. I, personally, haven't come across it yet, although I guess I haven't spoken to many people regarding piercings when I think about it.

@millkins:

Did the nurse actually do the piercing or did you attempt it and then need the aid of a nurse? Intrigued, as nurses etc. wouldn't be allowed to do anything like that to a child around here. Teachers aren't even allowed to physically handle kids who are out of order either, but I do recall things were different when I was in primary which was not too long ago..

More
13 years 9 months ago #23242 by black_magnolia
Envy, unfortunately, some boys take a very long time till they take up adequate hygienic habits. My friend's room-mate is a boy, and she keeps on complaining how he doesn't shower etc. and he's 21 years old! :S
I better stop here before I go on a tirade...

I'm not so surprised that Millkins had her ears pierced with the help of a nurse. One of my friends also had a nurse pierce her ears with a needle. I think it's better to get pierced at a good piercing studio or anywhere where they can do it in hygienic conditions.
I cringe when I hear someone got their earlobes pierced with one of those \"piercing\" guns at a jeweller. :S You won't see those blasted guns in any good piercing studio. I was once with a friend at a jeweller and I've been trying to talk her out of it telling her how it's a bad idea and she should go to a piercing studio to get her ears pierced. She didn't want to listen to me and thus got a nasty infection. The jeweller gave her a regular pen so she could mark the spot where she wanted him to pierce her. No disinfection what so ever, right there in the shop where he sold jewellery. It cost her 50HRK/about 10 dollars including jewellery, infection gratis. I shudder just from the thought of how many bacteria live on such a gun... :S
I'd rather pay 4 times as much and have it done right and without an infection.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23279 by Morgana
I got my ears pierced with one of those guns, at a jewellery store, when I was about 12, and I never had any problems or infections with them. It took me years to talk my mother into letting me get them done, so I was very careful to take care of them exactly as they told me to, so she'd see it was a good idea after all.

And as far as ears not counting as piercings, I think when most \"mainstream\" people talk about piercings, they're thinking of the more extreme ones... noses, tongues, eybrows, etc. And it doesn't really occur to them that yes, ears count too!

More
13 years 9 months ago #23290 by SkieShauphen
YAY! I finally got my eyebrow pierced. Took me long enough :P

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds