Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34879 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
Bloody Mondays! It's almost unbelievable how unlucky they can be... :(

Got my LDS top through the post today. Fortunately didn't have to pay tax (custom's didn't even take a look at it), but the seller sent me the wrong size!!! Dammit!!! :angry: and on top of that they overcharged me on p&p while they oh, so deliberately say that they don't refund p&p in their return policy. Well, I hope I'll manage to sort out something with the seller. I really tried to sound nice in my mail...

Anyway, how does returning usually go? Do you have to return it with tracking or is any posting method ok?
What kind of refund would be adequate to expect taking in account that they sent the wrong size and overcharged me for p&p?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34884 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

Got my LDS top through the post today. Fortunately didn't have to pay tax (custom's didn't even take a look at it), but the seller sent me the wrong size!!! Dammit!!! :angry: and on top of that they overcharged me on p&p while they oh, so deliberately say that they don't refund p&p in their return policy. Well, I hope I'll manage to sort out something with the seller. I really tried to sound nice in my mail...

Anyway, how does returning usually go? Do you have to return it with tracking or is any posting method ok?
What kind of refund would be adequate to expect taking in account that they sent the wrong size and overcharged me for p&p?

I think most of the times I returned things tracked..

And I'd expect full refund *or*...I would expect an exchange with the seller paying my postage costs to get the item back and then charging me nothing more for the replacement which is the right size etc. as it was their mistake, thus they should fix it.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34889 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

Luckily, I've never had to return anything. However, I did have an instance whereby the seller sent me the wrong color dress so contacted them. They actually sent me the correct item and told me to donate the other one to a charity shop. In your situation, I would expect the seller to pay for all postage charges to return and resend the item. It should be sent tracked because if the seller wants to be nasty, they can always say they didn't receive it. As for overcharging on P&P, practically every eBay seller does these days. Their number one excuse is that they charge for envelope, tape, labels, etc so that accounts for the extra.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago #34897 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Ebay
firensia wrote:

It should be sent tracked because if the seller wants to be nasty, they can always say they didn't receive it. As for overcharging on P&P, practically every eBay seller does these days. Their number one excuse is that they charge for envelope, tape, labels, etc so that accounts for the extra.

Yup..That's why we send ours tracked..In case the sellers are real rotten eggs and try to claim they never received it.

As for postage - I always check what the actual cost was when I get stuff posted to me. If I'm not happy with it, I'll mark the star rating down whilst giving positive feedback.

I think it's only fair...

More
12 years 8 months ago #34899 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Ebay
Envy wrote:

As for postage - I always check what the actual cost was when I get stuff posted to me. If I'm not happy with it, I'll mark the star rating down whilst giving positive feedback.

I think it's only fair...[/quote]

lol I do the exact same thing. Negative feedback hurts them more though. Sometimes if I got an item really cheap and I was overcharged on shipping, I'll let it go simply because I still got a good deal but some people really overdo their shipping charges.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34904 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
Thanks girls for the info! :)

I also just give them a lower star rating if the shipping was mildly overcharged and/or the item was a deal so I don't mind so much, but in this case I paid £4.50 for p&p while in fact they paid only £1.93 for postage. They packaged the top with just a bit of bubble-wrap and sent it in a thin plastic bag on which they scribbled the address with permanent marker - you can't tell me that that is so expensive in the UK! :ohmy:

Today I bought one of those paper envelope-bags which already have bubble-wrap inside for sending the top back today, and it cost me 1.44 HRK (circa 17p in GBP). Therefore, in my opinion, 20-30p is more then enough for one top to be well packaged. [Also, a professional seller surely buys packaging material in bulk and therefore pays even less for it.]

I did send the top back recorded. :pinch:
The seller asked me to send it by normal post, but I read in ebay resolution centre that you should send it tracked; otherwise they can't help with a refund if the seller ends up nasty as you girls pointed out. Better safe then sorry. :woohoo:
On top of that the lady at the post office didn't even want to offer me any other option becasue I told her it was an ebay item which I was returning. She simply said this was the safest and best way. Will take circa 10 days to get back to the UK becasue it has to go over UK customs etc. Every country = same procedure.

The seller wrote me this (just pasted the relevant part): \"what i will do is once you have received the replacement then contact me, i will refund full postage back to your paypal account, cos i hope my shop will never let any customer down. Please send it back to with normal post.\"
The wording confuses me a bit, but I assume they will post the exchange top when they receive the one I'm returning, right? :unsure:

I was thinking about sending them a picture of the postage receipt (I paid 47.40 HRK which is like £5.55 in GBP) including the receipt for the envelope just to prove a point as they tried to argue that the p%p cost was so high becasue of \"packaging\"... *shakes-fist*

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds