Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
12 years 10 months ago #33638 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
Guys, can anyone of you help me?

I tried purchasing something through the 'buy-it-now' option. I get to my basket, but it won't let me proceed to check-out becasue it says I need to have a telephone number provided with my address.

Ok, I went and changed that (in my ebay - account - addresses), but it still won't let me check-out.
I have no idea what should I do now!? :S
I already contacted the seller, but I don't assume they will be useful and the ebay help center also isn't giving me any answers... :(

Anyone had this kind of problem and knows what to do or has an idea what should I do?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33642 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Ebay
Hm..

Well..What immediately springs to mind may be just eBay having problems in general or a possible problem with the seller's selling settings (location restrictions maybe? I don't know)..

The only problems I've ever had were with location restrictions where I wasn't allowed to bid or something..And once, PayPal was just generally acting up and wouldn't let me pay, so I just e-mailed the seller and waited it out.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33643 by black_magnolia
Ah, it's just stupid ebay and their new basket. They didn't really connect the addresses in the basket with the ones in 'my ebay', so when I clicked on the zip code in the basket - I could add the telephone number and proceed to checkout.

Naturally, the seller didn't have a clue how to help me and told me to try resolution centre...

Today really isn't my day. *face-palm*

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33661 by Envy
Ooh right..

Yeah..I noticed eBay has a new bidding feature where a pop-up box comes up whilst bidding on an auction. Ugh...The fact you can now bid with that pop-up box probably means a lot more sniping at the last second, seeing as you can continuously bid without having to change screens and the box has a countdown...

:(

More
12 years 10 months ago #33673 by black_magnolia
I've noticed that too. :silly: For now I find that pop up box pretty useful, but it only means that I really consider twice which is the highest price I'd like to pay, so when I bid in the last minute, if someone overbids me - ok, let them pay more. :P

And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33676 by Envy
Yeah..I do agree that it's useful, but I dislike how it means I can easily be outbid on something at the last second. >.< I can easily imagine how people could take advantage of this new feature, plus because it only pops up after first bid, it could encourage earlier bidding/higher end price.

Rargh..

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds