Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
13 years 4 months ago #28914 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

LMAO!!! :woohoo: :silly:
I had to share this with the forum if someone didn't already notice! I couldn't believe my eyes the first time, but now even less!!!
I've been watching an auction for Alchemy hair-sticks (listed as new). Basically, the first time they were listed they had starting bids at 0.99 and a 'buy it now' option at 7.99 (I think) the auction ended at 15 bloody pounds when in a regular online shop that ships internationally they are around 10 pounds!
The seller obviously has more of those sticks so he puts them up again with 0.99 starting price, but now a 13? 'buy it now' price. I check the listing today and see that some complete idiot is bidding 26 for it! Hell, I'd even understand if it was some die-hard collector and it was a discontinued item, but it fucking isn't discontinued!!! ROFL! :woohoo: (sorry, but this is pure stupidity and I can't sympathize. call me evil, I don't care :silly:)

Strange, I've been watching the exact same bids haha! I saw the ones that ended at 15 GBP. I also noticed that the idiot didn't know the buy it now price was half, as they bid a 15 GBP max on three sticks.

Didn't know the seller put up the buy it now price though. How annoying. I was hoping I'd be able to leap in and get them for a couple of GBP, but anything above 8 quid is ridiculous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28919 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
Envy wrote:

Strange, I've been watching the exact same bids haha! I saw the ones that ended at 15 GBP. I also noticed that the idiot didn't know the buy it now price was half, as they bid a 15 GBP max on three sticks.

Didn't know the seller put up the buy it now price though. How annoying. I was hoping I'd be able to leap in and get them for a couple of GBP, but anything above 8 quid is ridiculous.

Yeah, I saw them when they were just put up. I hate when people bid way before the listing ends. :(
Now I'm a bit sad that I didn't bid on that bat hair stick which ended at 5.50 because it's a discontinued design... Oh well, I'm still more sad about a ring I've missed a couple of months ago, so I'm already over the hair stick. I wasn't that sure about it because I'm very picky about bat designs and I couldn't really find any good pictures of how the bat looked like up close.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28923 by Envy
Ahh I know how you feel.

I'll get over my recent bidding losses soon anyway. :woohoo: I had some good ones within the last few months (various dresses and shoes I've bought) so I'm pretty content. Also got some Hello Kitty hairsticks somewhere anyway..I just thought it'd be nice to have some Alchemy ones.

I recall missing a good deal on an Alchemy belt buckle by that seller..Seem to recall it ended at a tenner..Bah. Even if I don't really really want an item, I still get jealous when I know someone out there's got a good bargain, haha.

My eBay item-focus for now = fish tanks. I want one for a pair of musk turtles, a small one as a hospital tank/fry tank (right now we're stuck using ice cream tubs and strange square vases we found) and possibly another tank just for a pleco or something unusual like an axolotl. I missed a few good deals on tanks that came with heaters/filters/all the good stuff you need (they ended at around a tenner each, infuriating). It's difficult to hunt ones down that are suitable because they need to be within my area for pick up.. :S

Ahwell. The hunt goes on! Hoping prices will go down after the Christmas rush.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28943 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Ebay
cgi.ebay.co.uk/crow-model-kit-/260710486...&hash=item3cb38e518b

Just thought I'd put this here because I found it amusing. £60 buy it now price and £60 starting bid (no bidders, might I add).

Person may have just as well put it up with the person only able to buy since they won't accept anything less.

Found it whilst looking at various items to do with \"The Crow\".
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28947 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Ebay
I assume they are new to ebay and don't understand the basics, or they put it that way intentionally because of the search options. I usually only look at auction items, so if I was searching for Crow items I wouldn't have noticed such a listing.

I'm now a bit angry and disappointed becasue of seeing two items that I've bought previously at full price go away as a bargain. :angry: :( The little luck I have once in a while always has to be followed by a ton of bad luck. Damn it!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28953 by Envy
Mm one of the things that annoys me on eBay = Reserve prices.

It's all fine if the starting price is quite high anyway, and close to the reserve, but when the start price is 99p and the reserve is something like..70 GBP, then it's obvious you're unlikely to make a sale as someone may be willing to pay 70 GBP but would require other people to bump up the current bid to the stage where you can push past the reserve price.. :angry:

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds